GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this in town today, I dont know the story, but I thought you guys might want to see one banged up :sosad: :eek:hno:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Looks like a pretty good frontal offset collision. The passenger compartment held up well. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It would be interesting to get the crash data- what did it hit, how fast was it going, etc. Looks very significant, but the passenger compartment has held up nicely. Reminds me of the post here recently where one of our members was hit head on and it held up well.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Poor Acadia. Hardly had a life at all.

Would you mind sneaking into that vehicle and removing one of the chrome trim rings from the rear temperature controls for me? ;D

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Web Raven said:

Would you mind sneaking into that vehicle and removing one of the chrome trim rings from the rear temperature controls for me? ;D
No can do Web, I think that I saw a >:D pit walking around in the back so I had to boogie out of there LOL

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
WOW that was a bad day for someone. Held up well on the inside it seems. Looks like it didn't push the dash in :thumb:.

Check ebay in a month, probably find it on there for scarps

·
Registered
662 Posts
I read somewhere, don't remember where (here?), about a guy, his wife and baby that were in a collision just as they were crossing some tain tracks. Apparently, some idiots were speeding across ina stolen car and became airborn when they hit the rail crossing and hit his Acadia head on (maybe offset). But anyway, he and his family escaped unharmed. He praised the Acadia for protecting him and his loved one. I think I did read it here. Could this be his Acadia?

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5283.0

Guess it is different, the story was out of Canada

·
Registered
370 Posts
Web Raven said:

LMAO I was waiting for that!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Irish said:
Web Raven said:

LMAO I was waiting for that!
One of these days... my luck will change. ;) If I could just locate the fourth piece of the trim ring that broke in my Acadia, I'd glue the sucker back together and be content with that. Until then, I shall pursue every junked Acadia that gets posted on this forum. ;D

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is one more pic, and look Web it's got an eye out too ;D JK seriously though I hope the driver and passengers are O.K. Car accidents suck!! I keep my eye's open in the local papers for the story.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I am guessing that is jersey wall damage. Just my guess

But then it looks like it went offroading because of the mud on the lower fascia, and the mud puddle under the front of it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
bonk1313 said:
I am guessing that is jersey wall damage. Just my guess

But then it looks like it went offroading because of the mud on the lower fascia, and the mud puddle under the front of it.
Since the damage is lower on the car than if it had taken a hit from another vehicle, you think it's a hit on the ARMCO then into the median to add the mud? I'd go with that.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
While we're reconstructing, I'd like to see the passenger side of it. Usually on an offset crash it will rotate and hit the other vehicle or the fixed object with the opposite side.

Wall/barrier theory is good at this point since there is no apparent paint transfer from another vehicle on that beautiful blue paint.

6, how about calling CSI? We need some evidence! ;D

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
While we're reconstructing, I'd like to see the passenger side of it. Usually on an offset crash it will rotate and hit the other vehicle or the fixed object with the opposite side.

Wall/barrier theory is good at this point since there is no apparent paint transfer from another vehicle on that beautiful blue paint.

6, how about calling CSI? We need some evidence! ;D
The pass side was scratch free, my guess would be that this is the work of a guard rail or median of some sort ???

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
No interior intrusion; although the driver door was ajar; just makes me feel that much safer; any chance the engine entered the cab area?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Can't say for sure but I doubt it. Most vehicles are designed to have the engine drop out of the bottom of the engine compartment instead of coming into the passenger area. This appears to be to far off center for either of those things to happen.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That picture brings back memories of my Bonneville. Two vehicles gone before their time. That Acadia took a good hit!

Bobby

1 - 18 of 18 Posts