GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I'm picking up my 'cadia tomorrow, SLT metallic blue, titanium interior. One thing I just thought of today after making my agreement is about the OnStar. I know that OnStar used to be transmitted in an analog singal and that they will soon be taking that 'network' down in favor of a digital OnStar. I'm assuming that the OnStar system on our Acadia's are digital, are they not?

SOOOOOO excited, 5:30pm tomorrow I'll be rolling with the homies.......

Ryan

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes! They are digital.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Actually they are dual mode, both analog and digital.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Boltbacker said:
Actually they are dual mode, both analog and digital.
Curious as I am, could you point to the source of your information. I find it rather odd that they would bother to make them analog as that system will no longer be supported as of 1/08. Like I said, just curious.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I work for OnStar, the OnStar system is just a cell phone, all cell phones now are what is called Dual Mode, they have both Analog and Digital Connection, even though the FCC is not going to mandate the Cell carriers to maintain the Analog signal after Dec 31st the majority of carriers will continue the Analog signal, until they can place new towers to cover the existing analog areas. Dan what dealership did you get your Acadia at, I see you live in Washington also.

·
Registered
405 Posts
it will say it on your onstar certificite found in the glove compartment weather you are anolog, anolog but upgradable, or analog and digital. i made sure of this before we bought the Yukon and Corvette.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts