GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with Verizon and their new Acadia signed up for this?

Here is the link:

http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/plans/hands_free.jsp

I was disappointed that the Acadia has no bluetooth, but if I can share minutes on my current Verizon plan with the vehicle's phone, that would be great!

·
Registered
183 Posts
If I used Verizon, I'd be temptedt the need for a second phone number is annoying. But, I'm still disappointed in the lack of Factory bluetooth.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very simple, push the Blue OnStar button, let them know you want to sign up for Americas Choice they will transfer you to Verizon and then you will be able to share your family plan minutes with the vehicle. Best thing is it is only 9.99 a month extra, and you get to use the 3watt phone in the vehicle so if you live in an area with so so cell reception the car phone will connect much better. You can also store phone numbers in the vehicle under Nametags and then use truly Hands Free Calling.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been using the Verizon/On-Star plan for about a month now. Overall, I very pleased with the service. Since it's integrated, your radio and a/c blowers automatically cut off when you are on the phone. The sound quality is very crisp and clear. It actually sounds better than my portable house phone! LOL! The storing of names is great for hands free calling. I also have the NAV system, and each POI (point of interest) has the phone number in addition to the address listed. Just press the call button and you are automatically connected. Great for calling ahead for your order! You can also store many additional names, addresses and phone numbers there.

Back to your question, I originally wanted bluetooth. But now, hearing the quality of this integrated system, I like it a lot better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies! I will add this to my Verizon plan IF I can get my Acadia delivered! ???

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
MrBiz said:
I've been using the Verizon/On-Star plan for about a month now. Overall, I very pleased with the service. Since it's integrated, your radio and a/c blowers automatically cut off when you are on the phone. The sound quality is very crisp and clear. It actually sounds better than my portable house phone! LOL! The storing of names is great for hands free calling. I also have the NAV system, and each POI (point of interest) has the phone number in addition to the address listed. Just press the call button and you are automatically connected. Great for calling ahead for your order! You can also store many additional names, addresses and phone numbers there.

Back to your question, I originally wanted bluetooth. But now, hearing the quality of this integrated system, I like it a lot better.
The cut off of the fan is a new touch bc it was notlike that on my denali

1 - 6 of 6 Posts