GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting OnStar static?

I notice it more on rainy days and it's more apparent with accelerator use (ie when car is moving) and noise "frequency" increases with speed.

I have a Lockpick installed so I don't know if that may be getting the noisy power in. Since the IPOD is internal to the vehicle, and it's only present on OnStar (vs all other NAV audio sources), I don't think it is a probable source.

Anyway, it never used to be there and now seems to always be there - worse on rainy days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jake - We haven't heard static, but do hear a high pitched whine that changes with the engine speed. For us it doesn't matter if it's raining or not. Of course here in the bay area we don't seem to get rain much these days.

·
Registered
635 Posts
It sounds like you have a grounding issue, more than likely with your lockpick. Don't have any problems, rain, snow, or sun with Onstar. In fact reception is usualy better than what I get with my cell phone, and they are both cellular transmitions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have always had a slight static noise through the speakers when using OnStar. Whether using virtual advisor, the phone, or calling the OnStar advisor I get background static. I just live with it. The dealer seems to think a slight static is normal, but I disagree. They completed TSB# 07-08-46-002 (a noise filter install), but it did not solve it. Comment from dealer - 'some back ground noise normal due to cell'. I don't buy the reason though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
khansen30 said:
It sounds like you have a grounding issue, more than likely with your lockpick. Don't have any problems, rain, snow, or sun with Onstar. In fact reception is usualy better than what I get with my cell phone, and they are both cellular transmitions.
If true, I should hear the whine with anything audio related to my Nav then. I don't. Only with OnStar. Because it is limited to OnStar calls, it has to be the Onstar box. The Lockpick is just a pass through for OnStar. I don't recall the static at original buy, or prior to upgrading minutes. It has been consistently there for the past 3 months (purchased in Feb).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts