GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this was a fluke but I was offered a special for 100 minutes for $17.35 including taxes. It allowed me to purchase this 10 times. So I ended up getting 1000 minutes which are good for 1 year for $173.35 including taxes. Their regular price is $174.99 for 500 minutes. After the 30 days was up their new exclusive offer is 100 minutes for 39.99. I think it will let you get the initial special as many times as you want prior to the 30 day expiriation. I stopped at 10 times. FYI.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Mine allowed me to purchase 100 minutes for $13.99 when I first set up my Onstar in the Acadia. They didn't say whether I could repeatedly purchase that package or not. I don't use my car phone that regularly though anyways.

Funny thing too... when I had to call Onstar and GM Roadside Assistance in Oklahoma, they downloaded an additional 30 free minutes into my Acadia so that I would stay off my cell phone in order for GM to be able to call me. Bonus. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Same here. Figured 100 minutes would probably last me at least 6 months if nnot the whole year. While I did not try to repeat the purchase I did notice the intorductory rate seemed to still be available after I had already taken advantage of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
dura_cell said:
I'm not sure if this was a fluke but I was offered a special for 100 minutes for $17.35 including taxes. It allowed me to purchase this 10 times. So I ended up getting 1000 minutes which are good for 1 year for $173.35 including taxes. Their regular price is $174.99 for 500 minutes. After the 30 days was up their new exclusive offer is 100 minutes for 39.99. I think it will let you get the initial special as many times as you want prior to the 30 day expiriation. I stopped at 10 times. FYI.
So where did you go to order the extra minutes? I just got my vehicle yesterday and cannot log onto my OnStar account yet. Plus, my wife has almost used up the free 30 minutes. :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Just press your OnStar button and they will guide you through it. They have always been very nice and helpful. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did it through the website. This is the link. Log in with onstar account number and your zipcode. Go to handsfree calling and purchase minutes. I believe it will allow you to purchase as many blocks up until your origional minutes expire. Then is goes back to be $$$$$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
dura_cell said:
I did it through the website. This is the link. Log in with onstar account number and your zipcode. Go to handsfree calling and purchase minutes. I believe it will allow you to purchase as many blocks up until your origional minutes expire. Then is goes back to be $$$$$$.
I tried that but my account isn't active yet. It says it can take up to 10 days. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
jfencl,

Go yell at your dealership for not Online Enrolling your vehicle which activates it in about 30 min.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Boltbacker said:
jfencl,

Go yell at your dealership for not Online Enrolling your vehicle which activates it in about 30 min.
They did enroll me. I received the diagnostics email yesterday. That's when I tried to log in but it said it would take up to 10 days (stupid, if you ask me) for my account to be active.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
I think it is an issue of "VIN is not yet updated" or something like that. There was a thread somewhere concerning the same issue for new registrants. The common solution (that works) at that time was to email Onstar about not being able to log-in after registration. I got activated and able to log-in within 24 hours (or so) of my email.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
kram said:
The common solution (that works) at that time was to email Onstar about not being able to log-in after registration. I got activated and able to log-in within 24 hours (or so) of my email.
That's interesting because I actually called them and they told me I was hosed for up to 10 days. Ridiculous. My criminal background check for my job took less than a day. What the hell are they setting up??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
jfencl, something's wrong. I did my set up and purchased 100 extra minutes the day after I got the Acadia home - no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
jfencl said:
Boltbacker said:
jfencl,

Go yell at your dealership for not Online Enrolling your vehicle which activates it in about 30 min.
They did enroll me. I received the diagnostics email yesterday. That's when I tried to log in but it said it would take up to 10 days (stupid, if you ask me) for my account to be active.
Ok that is a whole different deal that is GM showing the vehicle sold and in their records, it's not an OnStar thing. You can still do everything from the vehicle and look at your Vehicle Diagnositc email, but you cannot access your account on myonstar.com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Boltbacker said:
jfencl said:
Boltbacker said:
jfencl,

Go yell at your dealership for not Online Enrolling your vehicle which activates it in about 30 min.
They did enroll me. I received the diagnostics email yesterday. That's when I tried to log in but it said it would take up to 10 days (stupid, if you ask me) for my account to be active.
Ok that is a whole different deal that is GM showing the vehicle sold and in their records, it's not an OnStar thing. You can still do everything from the vehicle and look at your Vehicle Diagnositc email, but you cannot access your account on myonstar.com.
Bought my extra 100 minutes before I drove off the dealers lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Boltbacker said:
jfencl said:
Boltbacker said:
jfencl,

Go yell at your dealership for not Online Enrolling your vehicle which activates it in about 30 min.
They did enroll me. I received the diagnostics email yesterday. That's when I tried to log in but it said it would take up to 10 days (stupid, if you ask me) for my account to be active.
Ok that is a whole different deal that is GM showing the vehicle sold and in their records, it's not an OnStar thing. You can still do everything from the vehicle and look at your Vehicle Diagnositc email, but you cannot access your account on myonstar.com.
I understand all of that. And I know I can get the minutes by calling OnStar and speaking with someone. However, I tend to go the internet route first since it is generally simpler and faster.

Except in the case of OnStar. 10 days to setup an online account is inexcusable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
dura_cell said:
I'm not sure if this was a fluke but I was offered a special for 100 minutes for $17.35 including taxes. It allowed me to purchase this 10 times. So I ended up getting 1000 minutes which are good for 1 year for $173.35 including taxes. Their regular price is $174.99 for 500 minutes. After the 30 days was up their new exclusive offer is 100 minutes for 39.99. I think it will let you get the initial special as many times as you want prior to the 30 day expiriation. I stopped at 10 times. FYI.
I got my first 100 minutes for the $14.95 price by calling. Now, online it has 100 minutes listed for $39.95. :(

Wish I'd gotten more for the cheap price but what can you do.

Also, after the year is up, can you load up more minutes or do you have to link to a Verizon account? No way am I spending $70 a month for their cheapest rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
You can buy minutes at any time, it will rollover your minutes you have left also for another year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Boltbacker said:
You can buy minutes at any time, it will rollover your minutes you have left also for another year.
Sweet! That's is good to know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
And those minutes can still be used IF your Onstar subcription is still valid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Does the onstar phone minutes package get better as time goes on or worse? The reason I ask is when I first got the car they offered me a "special" of 300 min for 79.99. I just received in the mail an offer for 100 min for $14.95. It's still very expensive compared to my cell phone but until they get the bluetooth thingy going this summer it's nice to have it available once in a while, especially when I forget my phone in the boat or another car.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top