GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take to start getting the emails from onstar? I bought my car the 1st week of May and I still haven't gotten anything. When I bought the car the dealer and I did the intro thing w/Onstar and they have my email address from that.

I've done the mygmlink thing and it says my vin is registered and the onstar is active. I even went to onstars site and figured it was a glitch so I tried to sign up for email updates and when I submit it I got a error back saying I was already enrolled.

Just curious when everyone else starting getting their emails.

Thanks

Tami

·
Registered
13 Posts
We got one the first day (April 14) and then once a month (May 18, June 13).

It might be blocked. Have you added ve[email protected] to your address book or taken it off of Suspect E-mail?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I picked my car up end of March and have gotten about 3 diagnostic emails already...Sounds like there is still a problem with the email. Have you checked junk/spam folders and made sure the email addy was not being blocked by filters?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thx I'll add the email address to my address book. It's just odd since I have it set to my work email and have never had any problems with emails not going thru.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You might want to setup OnStar to send the diagnostic e-mail to your work and personal e-mail addresses just to see if you get it at both. Based on the information that you provided, you should be getting one soon.

·
Registered
405 Posts
have you pressed the blue button and talked to them.

if not this is how you set it up.

or if you have call them any way (1-888-4-onstar, if calling from a cell or land line) other wise just press the blue button inside the car and ask them about it, they are very helpful.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Rollin' is correct the easiest way is to press the Blue Button and let them know you want to sign up for OnStar Vehicle Diagnositic emails. You will get your first one in 24hrs then once a month.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Did the blue button on day one. Have been on Onstar and MYGMLINK and filled in all the info. I have checked these sites regularly and so far no updates. Have never gotten an email. In fact, went on ONSTAR site and bought the 100 minutes but have not received a confirmation and site still shows that I have the introductory offer available so not sure the purchase even went through. Neither site has updated my mileage or Oil indicator. Called once and at least got them to input my Vin# but nothing has changed from there. Will have to call them yet again.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
After I signed up with OnStar I received the first email within a few days and have been getting the emails about once a month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts