GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm annoyed with this salesman, he's shifty. He says they have to sell it at $1000 over invoice plus I'd get the $500 rebate. When I pushed him on the rebate (which has expired) he said "we check everyday and we still have the rebate, but I'll check again." I told him the rebate expired June 4, definitely check...mostly because I knew he's feeding me a line of crap and he'd get me in there expecting it then reneg at the last minute. He said dealer to dealer is $1000 over invoice. You think true?

He was specific saying they had to have $1000 profit. I'm ok with profit, but when I pushed him about their holdback he said it had nothing to do with me. That was their "operating cost" money. It cost $100,000 a month to run their lot... "why would I give up the holdback?" I told him I wasn't asking him to give it up, but I knew about it and that meant they wanted more than $1000 profit on it... he actually stammered a bit. Made me feel good.

He's promised to fax me their invoice breakdown (which he says was $38426.55 on an AWD, SLT-2, Red Jewel, DVD, 19" wheels, trailering)... that's about $400 off of Edmunds so I asked to see it.

Wondering what your thoughts are...

Heather

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think u can do better, and if u look out say 3 years, your 2007 will be worth 2 to 3 grand less than a 2008 even tho u bouth them at about the same time

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's changed his offer to $800 over... said he was mistaken about the dealer to dealer pricing.
Also said the rebate was expired (DUH!) but the customers had letters from GM.

HOW DO IT GET ONE OF THOSE LETTERS? Also said GMAC had private offer letters up to $1000 if I take delivery by June 18, anyone heard of that? I never got one of them either.

I still think I could do better... but I sure would like some customer appreciation letters from GM...

Heather

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If you currently own a non-GM vehicle, make sure they give you the $1000 Conquest rebate as well. You do not need to trade the non-GM vehicle in to get it. It just needs to be registered to someone in your household.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We got the $1000 private offer. It was good on some GMC and at least the Outlook if I remember it right. It was sent to my wife whose name was on our Pontiac Montana. We redeemed it two weeks ago when we took delivery of our Acadia.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Find another dealer who is honest you can do better. I would not pay more than 500 over invoice including dealer processing fees.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my Acadia over Memorial Day weekend. I got the special offer from GM for $l000 off Acadia and $l500 off of Yukon. I just brought in the postcard of which I received two more reminders after the original one I got about a month ago. The dealer called me today and told me I can pick up my check for a grand. He told me it's frustrating for them too because GM does not send them to everyone where they should send them to everyone so that it is all fair.
Kathy

·
Registered
36 Posts
My guess is they have segmented their database and were going after a certain group. Perhaps those that are in-market for a new vehicle. I.e. owned the vehicle more than x years, bought new, still retained, scored a certain decile, etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
rudykizuty said:
bhpeters said:
I'm annoyed with this salesman, he's shifty.
This alone would have me dealing elsewhere :bs:
Agreed.

These salespeople should be more on top of things. Also, a lot of salespeople don't really know about the holdbacks- it's usually the managers or "the one in the back room I have to go ask..." Also, more profit is made with used vehicles than new.

Anyway, why not try a different dealer?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've checked with 2 other dealers... problem is they don't have my exact car on the lot, this shmuck does. If I decide to order from factory I will go with someone more deserving... but with nearly all the 07s gone, and seemingly only 1 in the whole country that meets my specs, i'm down to either dealing with this jerk or waiting for the 08's... i will probably wait for the 08s I guess.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why not go discuss it with another dealer? Find out what price they'll give you and they can do a locate on the veh you want? You already know where it is and can tell them which dealer has it. They can always try to do a trade for it.

I had found my car w/all the options I wanted except the 19 inch wheels about 15 mins south of my house but I didn't want to go to that dealer. I went 15 minutes the other direction to a competing dealer and told them what I wanted and where it was. Unfortunately the original dealer won't trade w/anyone :lame: so that was out but the 2nd dealer ended up finding the exact car I wanted and went and picked it up. :hyper: I recently checked the 1st dealers inventory and they still have the veh I had wanted....serves them right for being jerks! LOL :moon:

It might work...you never know. Although at this point I'd probably wait for the 08's since they have new fun features the 07 won't! Luv those options! :blob:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Acadia4me said:
Why not go discuss it with another dealer? Find out what price they'll give you and they can do a locate on the veh you want? You already know where it is and can tell them which dealer has it. They can always try to do a trade for it.

I had found my car w/all the options I wanted except the 19 inch wheels about 15 mins south of my house but I didn't want to go to that dealer. I went 15 minutes the other direction to a competing dealer and told them what I wanted and where it was. Unfortunately the original dealer won't trade w/anyone :lame: so that was out but the 2nd dealer ended up finding the exact car I wanted and went and picked it up. :hyper: I recently checked the 1st dealers inventory and they still have the veh I had wanted....serves them right for being jerks! LOL :moon:

It might work...you never know. Although at this point I'd probably wait for the 08's since they have new fun features the 07 won't! Luv those options! :blob:
What are these new "fun" features of the 08 that you refer to?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I wouldn't pay 1000K over invoice for a 2007 at this point in time....

Yeah, what are those "fun features"?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dealer also swapped an Acadia for the one I wanted.

What kind of specs are you looking to get?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We want
AWD, SLT-2, Red jewel/titanium, 19" chrome, DVD, captain's chairs, trailering.

friendly dealer does have one to trade with the jerk dealer, but their trade is an SLE model so they'd lose out on a little $$$. I don't expect it to work. right now i'm optimistic that we could find one on the lot in a few months, or that we could order an 08 model and be able to negotiate a better price. this has been on jerk dealer's lot for over a month (and he keeps telling me that they don't stay on his lot more than a few days).

with 08 production starting today it seems that I could save a ton of money by finding ANY dealer in the country to order one for me and have it shipped to a local dealer... logical?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to jump on your post bhpeters, but i'm having the same(if not worse) issue. have one shifty guy who never answers my questions directly and another sales person who's dropping 3k off msrp. however, I can't seem to get my numbers to match up to THEIR msrp! can someone help me figure out what MSRP and potential invoice prices should be on this car! NADA has much lower numbers? Am I doing something wrong? Havin a hard time here making the numbers match and keep seeing people saying we shouldn't pay 1k over invoice!!

* ACADIA AWD SLT-2
* Carbon Metallic
* Ebony

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $37,370.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
HID HEADLAMPS
HEAD-UP DISPLAY
DUAL SKYSCAPE SUNROOF
CARGO AREA AUDIO CONTROLS
19" ULTRA BRIGHT ALUM WHEELS
TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION SYSTEM
(REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO)
TRAILERING PACKAGE:
COOLING SYSTEM - HEAVY DUTY
TRAILER HITCH

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $42,935.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $735.00
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $43,670.00

Deal he's offering is: $40,270 - Is this a good deal or should i push for more off....or even wait for '08???

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Costco deal is $500 over invoice plus any current rebates. I got my Acadia about 2 months ago for $1000 under invoice after the $1500 worth of rebates. Just find a dealer who participates in the Costco program and order an 08 and pay $500 over invoice minus rebates which is a better deal than that 07 and it's an 08.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts