GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw an article in my local newspaper which says that On Star is working with MapQuest to allow the user to plan their driving route at MapQuest.com and send the information about their destination directly to their cars. It says that it is an expansion of OnStars in vehicle navigation system. It also says that OnStar Web Destination Entry will be piloted this summer with a random sample of 3000 customers and it was expected to be generally available by the end of the year.

My questions:
-Has anyone else heard about this?
-Does anyone know if this be used with only OnStar (since turn by turn directions are available from OnStar without NAV)or will a NAV system be needed?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Search before you post, I added this a couple of days ago, It will work with OnStar you will not need the Nav in order to take advantage of this.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I let our original On Star subscription expire as we don't motor around the country. I did buy for a month this past July for our trip to MS just to see how it works and must say is okay. Never used it the first 12 months.
I guess it is nice, just from a security standpoint, with the crazy drivers and the deer we have today. I'm still trying to justify the cost of full time ON Star with having his and hers cell phones for emergency. 2 programmed spare keys are hidden in 2 different locations via the under carriage. I plan to write On Star in the near future with proposed new rate plans - 3mo, 6 mo, 12 mo. See if my message reaches the right people to attract more customers after original plan has run out....etc. Gives me something to do, anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts