GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about 600 miles I spoted an oil leak, not big but a leak none the less. Brought it in last week and was told that some gasketing needed to be replaced, they needed to order the parts. Dropped it off this AM, gt a call @ 3:30pm that it would not be ready, the service manger said it was a tough job as they had to remove the head. (mind you I asked specifically if it was the head gasket and was told no). He said they hope to have it tomorrow. Not too happy driving around in a 11 year old grand prix with 162K on it with no AC and its 90F outside!!! :angryfire: Anyone else with an oil leak?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem but mine is clean as the kitchen floor. :blob:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well if they really had to remove one of the heads than you got a new head gasket as part of the job. Thats a very major item to have in the way on your way to fixing a leak elsewhere.

·
Registered
148 Posts
why are you in an old car with no AC? They didn't rent a car for you? I never seen a car rental of a 12 year old car with 160k miles and no AC. You need to atleast demand a rental.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not an oil leak but transmission fluid leak. At 2000 miles on my SLE AWD, noticed some red lubricant on the bottom of the transmission case, obviously automatic transmission fluid. A check of the transmission fluid level showed no major loss of fluid and drove to the dealership. Dealer's service department has added a dye to the transmission fluid to help determine the precise location of the leak and a course of corrective action. Other problems encounterd so far include inoperative air conditioning and defective tether strap on the fuel tank cap, both covered in this forum. Air conditioning was repaired by the dealer after two attempts and a replacemnt fuel cap is on order.
Have confidence in the dealership, but am concerned that the fluid leak may result in major down time. Would like to know if any other Acadia owners have had transmission fluid leakage problems.

·
Registered
134 Posts
9500 miles already (two long cross country trips this summer).

No sign of oil leak or tranny leak. In fact, no mechanical problems of any kind.

One new HUD windshield (renegade highway rock, posted elsewhere), and one door ding, fixed expertly by the dent guy (also posted elsewhere).

Still lovin' the Acadia.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for your responses. I can say that in my 25 years of driving the Acadia is the only vehichle that I have been 100% comfortable in. I hope this leak is just a small blip on the radar screen. As far as the loaner, the dealership is 50 years old and looks every bit it's age as I do not think they have spent a penny on the place (posted elsewhere in this forum). The loaners they have are all 10 years or older, while one day in one of these babies is enough to remind me of times gone by more than that is not fun. To the dealers credit when they called and told me that it would be at least another day they also offered to provide me a rental but there is no way I was going back to the dealer before they closed to drop off the loaner and pick-up the rental, just a waste of my time and i already did the back and forth to the dealer last week. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is repaired today.

I will keep everyone posted

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Oil Leak, anyone else? Update

Just got off the phone with the dealer and she is all buttoned up but they want to run for a while before giving it back to me just to make sure the leak is gone. They said it took a long time becuse the tech had never worked on an Acadia in this manner and had to refer to the manual a lot. Crossing my fingers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts