GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the link http://www.gmfleet.com/ first you put your mouse over fleet on the very left then you put the mouse over Vehicle info/ details and then click on online order guide, then in the new window click 2008 and cars/light trucks(the first) then click gmc and then in the upper right hand corner click the dropdown button and click acadia! then click new for 2008, there is going to be new colors a second row console too

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Great find! The changes seem pretty minor, which is not surprising. I see the backup camera will now be an option too.

I still feel good about ordering an '07 after seeing this, as I would not have wanted the 2nd row console and would probably not have sprung for Nav in order to get the backup camera.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The dark crimson color looks nice. Seems similar to a black cherry color.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's great for me! I would have not got the 7 passenger with that big gap between the seats after having our Montana SV6 with a centre console, but I don't want to sacrifice the comfort by getting an 8 passenger. At least a console is going to be available now. Backup camera is a bonus too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would love to have the second row console. What's the chances we could order it for our 07s as an accessory??

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
In case someone wants to see it without following those directions:

Deletions

(62U) Carbon Metallic exterior

New Features

(12U) Dark Crimson Metallic exterior color
(58U) Carbon Black Metallic extra cost exterior color
(94U) Platinum Ice Tricoat extra cost exterior color (available January 2008)
(UVC) Rearview camera system
(DK1) Console, second row (available August 2007)

Changes

(PDC) Cargo Convenience Package is now (PDM) Cargo Convenience Package

I noticed it also said XM is now Standard on all models...

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
So the next question is - are there other GM cars already out there with either 12U or 58U color codes so we know exactly what these new colors look like?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Quote from: Keith on Today at 08:35:09 PM
I am admitting my ignorance here. What is a second row console?

It should be similar to the console in this pic from the enclaveforum.net gallery:

Thanks.
Wasnt sure if we were talking electronic doo dads or what. As I ordered the bench seat, this would not be applicable to me anyway.

·
Registered
246 Posts
rme8494 said:
Got to wonder why that wasn't an option for us!!! Doesn't look like we could add it either, appears to be attached to the floor, rightfully so. Wonder if there are any nice aftermarket consoles that look good.
AFAIK, the 2nd row console is not going to be available for the enclave till Fall 07 as well, the same approximate timeframe
as the Acadia. I thought I read somewhere, maybe on enclaveforum.net, that there were some issues GM was trying
to sort out with the console, which is why it would not be an option till the fall 07.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
That appears to be the case.

·
Registered
246 Posts
admin said:
That appears to be the case.
Not quite. There are 3 footnotes in regards to the exterior paint colors.

1 - Available at extra charge.
2 - Available at extra charge. Available January 2008.
3 - Available at extra charge. Available through December 2007.

1 refers to Carbon Black Metallic (58U), 2 refers to Platinum Ice (94U) and 3 refers to
White Diamond Tricoat (98U). Looks like WDT is available till the end of 2007, at which
point it is replaced by Platinum Ice. Interestingly, WDT on the 2008 Outlook has no such
footnote, and Platinum Ice is not listed as an available color for the Outlook. So, it would
appear that Platinum Ice will be an Acadia color and WDT will be an Outlook color. Of course,
all this could change tomorrow. YMMV. :blahblah:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Great find on the 2008 model year changes. With things the way they are right now, the earliest I would be buying one would be in 2008. I would definitely get the backup camera...so many small kids in my neighborhood...and they tend to congregate around our cul-de-sac on their bikes. I wouldn't hesitate spending a couple hundred extra for that important safety feature.

·
Registered
246 Posts
mkaresh said:
Is carbon black extra cost on the 2007?
Carbon Metallic (62U) is not extra cost on 2007. However, I thought I read somewhere
that Carbon Black Metallic (58U) was going to be $58 extra. This may be due to the fact
that Carbon Black Metallic is suppose to be more of a true black as opposed to the charcoal/
dark grey color of Carbon Metallic.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
fenwah said:
Great find on the 2008 model year changes. With things the way they are right now, the earliest I would be buying one would be in 2008. I would definitely get the backup camera...so many small kids in my neighborhood...and they tend to congregate around our cul-de-sac on their bikes. I wouldn't hesitate spending a couple hundred extra for that important safety feature.
You realize you will probably have to get navigation to get the backup camera (because the backup camera will likely use the nav screen). So that couple hundred is actually a couple thousand - unless you were already planning on getting nav.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts