GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around with the Navigation settings in my Acadia the other day (still can't stop messing with everything) and I noticed that one of the Navigation settings is "Off Road" (or something like that. It is the setting directly under the Map information button). I can't seem to find out what this button is for. In the Navigation manual there is no mention of it (in fact, it isn't even shown in the picture of the Navigation settings). It is a simple "on" or "off" setting, so there isn't any supporting configuration that I can use to get a clue... ;D

Thanks

[EDIT]: Okay, so after a little online searching, I found this paragraph from the Navigation manual for the Yukon, Denali, Suburban, et al...

Off-Road Mode
To turn the Off-Road Mode on or off, do the
following:
1. Press the MENU key.
2. Press the Nav screen button.
3. Press the # Off-Road Mode ON or
OFF screen buttons. The active button
will be highlighted.
When the off-road mode is turned on, the
navigation system will show the path being
traveled by the vehicle when not on a marked
road. This path will be a simulation since
the map database coverage will not have
these roads on the DVD. This path will
be stored in the navigation system’s memory,
see “Previous Destination” under Destination
on page 27 for more information.
See “Off-Road Driving” in the Index of your
vehicle’s owner manual for more information
about off-road driving.

I guess that I can assume that on the Acadia it is going to do the same thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's probably like the new Jeep Wrangler navigation feature called "bread crumb".The system remembers the route you take while going off road so if you get lost it can tell you the exact way back out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a nice little extra. :) Funny that it didn't appear in the manual though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Interceptor said:
It's probably like the new Jeep Wrangler navigation feature called "bread crumb".The system remembers the route you take while going off road so if you get lost it can tell you the exact way back out.
This is exactly what it does it puts little red dots on every so often on the screen as you drive to see where you have been.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts