GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealership today to see if they had a part number for the hitch. It seems it is not avaliable to get unless you have the tow package on your vehicle. I'm not going to pull any traliers with this, I want this for a cargo rack carreir for when we go on our road trip to South Dakota. What would be the ideal hitch to get for this applacation? Reese, Hidden-hitch? Thanks

-CL

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just ordered one from Uhaul for 140.00 for a bike rack. Should be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Did a lot of searching and etrailer.com had the best price (including shipping) on the Hidden Hitch 87435. Someone in another thread installed this one, and the factory hitch cover 15933983 worked with it. Draw-Tite also has one - 75528.

Also, I was told that Draw-Tite and Hidden Hitch have the same parent company, which explains why the two look exactly the same. So unless someone knows of any small differences, I would get the one that's $5 cheaper!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I ordered the Reese hidden hitch from www.hitchfinder.com, still need to install but I understand it is easy.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The hitch does install easy. I bought the hitch made by valley and the exhaust hits the hitch on bumps making a god awful bumping noise in the back of the car. I guess the sides of the hitch are thicker than the OEM hitch from GM. Something to think about...... IF your dealer tells you there is no part number for the hitch platform for the 08 they are full of it. The number is the same for the 07 or 08. They can order it for you, it is just more expensive.

·
Registered
635 Posts
dfrank78 said:
The hitch does install easy. I bought the hitch made by valley and the exhaust hits the hitch on bumps making a god awful bumping noise in the back of the car. I guess the sides of the hitch are thicker than the OEM hitch from GM. Something to think about...... IF your dealer tells you there is no part number for the hitch platform for the 08 they are full of it. The number is the same for the 07 or 08. They can order it for you, it is just more expensive.
The one I got from Uhaul is a Valley hitch. Just got done installing it in less than an hour. Doesn't hit the exhaust pipes on either side, not even close, but then maybe the alignment is different on the Outlook.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Does the outlook have the dual exhuast like the Acadia?

·
Registered
635 Posts
johnway said:
dfrank78 said:
Does the outlook have the dual exhuast like the Acadia?
It has dual exhaust, it just looks slightly different than the Acadia (in shape).
Not all do, XE vs. XR, but mine did and from what I can tell the set up is the same on both brands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts