GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 SLT Limited. Just replaced original battery at dealer last week (still under warranty). Notice the oddometer does not illuminated briefly when driver door is opened as before. Oddometer illuminates fine when driving in day and night. DIC reset to factory specs.
Anyone had this issue or any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I guess my reaction to this is why would the odometer illuminate when the door is opened? and why does i matter?

Is it possible that we have a terminology problem here. The odometer is the item that displays how many miles the vehicle has been driven.

George

·
Registered
949 Posts
The odometer on some cars and trucks, did illuminate when the drivers door was opened for many years.
I remember seeing it and the dealers service department made regular use of it when taking down mileage info for paper work when dropped off.
Since then on vehicles, my dealer will plug a device into the OBD II port which then transfers mileage and other data to a network at the dealer which then enters it into a customers vehicle service record including odometer miles and other good info.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yep, some cars show the mileage when the drivers door handle is pulled (even if locked and door stays shut).

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Since it appears the 'factory reset' turned the function off, there's probably nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's one of those things you don't think about till it is no longer there. It really is a convenience feature in not having to turn the ignition to check the mileage.

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
I don't think this was something common in Acadia, unless the vehicle was built as some kind of rental or fleet unit and the battery change wiped out any coding for that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just went out and checked...
Left keys away from car and car locked, pulled door handle, nothing illuminates on dash.
Grabbed keys, open door, odometer does show mileage immediately. Shut door and alarm, still shows for a few seconds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I had same scenario as Grantv states. You could have keys on you or not and opening the door the odo would pop on. I bought the car new off the lot. No unusual specs I know of. Maybe GM uses this how to show original battery has been replaced.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If it's still under warranty and bothers you, ask the dealer.
But as another said, it may be an "update"...

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well. . since it was replaced by the dealer. . . they should be able to correct it. I assume the old battery was not dead and towed to the dealer. So. . if it was just an elective battery replacement to stay ahead of of the game . . . I would think they would help you out and "reset" it back to all precious functions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts