GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
:help: :help:

Okay, I am doing a fairly detailed cleaning of the Acadia right now, and when I pulled out my floor mats to vaccum, I found an odd white flaky substance on the floor of the drivers side.
I looked a little closer and found that the Rubber seal on the firewall, where the steering column exists the passenger compartment is covered with an unknown flaky white substance.
Anyone have any idea what would cause this, and do I need to worry about the rubber seals integrity over time?

I don't know if this is posted in the right section, cause I don't even know where this would fall. And I was unable to find it under a search, but then again how the heck would someone else describe this?

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bonk,
Had the same thing happen to me about 3-4 weeks ago.
Asked the service guy about it and he replied "I can clean it up..."
Never really got an answer from him but I think it was just some
sealant that was flaking off from assembly.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TunedUp said:
Bonk,
Had the same thing happen to me about 3-4 weeks ago.
Asked the service guy about it and he replied "I can clean it up..."
Never really got an answer from him but I think it was just some
sealant that was flaking off from assembly.
Thanks, Atleast I know I am not the only one. I cleaned it up, and will keep an eye on it.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Wow- that is messy for a new vehicle, I guess the prep guys never look there when they get the new vehicles ready.

My guess would be a powder lubricant to allow the seal to slide over the column. Either that, or that part comes from Columbia... not a problem until a drug detecting dog hits on it. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the same problem in my 2008. I was cleaning the carpet and noticed it coming from the steering column. I cleaned it up and just assumed it was something used during production that is now flaking off.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Wow- that is messy for a new vehicle, I guess the prep guys never look there when they get the new vehicles ready.

My guess would be a powder lubricant to allow the seal to slide over the column. Either that, or that part comes from Columbia... not a problem until a drug detecting dog hits on it. :)
I knew there was a good reason NOT to go to Mexico. Now I found it. >:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Friends don't let friends' Acadias do drugs.

Seriously, just looks like sealant from assembly. Might want to take it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion though. Have you have any of the steering pump issues?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toasteroven said:
Seriously, just looks like sealant from assembly. Might want to take it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion though. Have you have any of the steering pump issues?
No I have no issues with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts