GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone feels that the ebony leather gets too hot in the summer. TIA for input!

·
Registered
134 Posts
We chose titanium leather for that very reason. I think the ebony looks much better, but was worried about hot seats in the summer.

Even the titanium gets plenty hot after sitting in the intense sun a few hours.

Maybe heated/COOLED seats as a future model year option?!?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Always have had ebony interior on my cars. Never been a real problem though I live in an area that does not usually get over 90 in the summer. Seems like the car cools pretty quick on the hot days.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I'm happy with the ebony interior. I am questioning the sunroof, with its roll cover, though. Seems like a lot of heat comes through it.

Kelly

·
Registered
132 Posts
My car sits outside in the sun for 12 hrs while I am at work. I leave the sunroof cracked open to let some heat out, a got a sunshade for the front windshield and I use the remote start when I am getting ready to leave and have not once had seats that were too hot. I do the same thing at the beach when we go.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think with the tinted rear windows and using a sun shade, it's not really an issue. Then again, my Acadia is white, which probably helps, as well.

My other car is also white with black interior and tinted windows. I live in SoCal, and I've yet to be uncomfortably warm getting into the car.

DBinMV

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
So far, no problems.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Butt (yes, I meant to spell it that way) it will be great in the winter in Maine (along with the heated seats). :cheers:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Heatwise no, it getting dirty so quickly after cleaning yes.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i have titaniun leather in my yukon and it is just as hot as the acadia ebony seats. But like KJF said the sunroof is what i am regreting. The shade makes NO difference. I am thinking of buying a whinshield Thingy. That might help

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It was up to 95 today. Remote start and by the time you load up, it is cool. Knock on wood, I have not felt any difference with the ebony. I was just thinking today that the seats seem comfortable and not too hot. I personally think my husband's G35 is MUCH worse!

I have not had an issue with the sunroof either. If you open the mesh, it is HOT, but it seems fine with normal driving.

·
Registered
126 Posts
In the dead of summer, all interiors are hot in Texas... tan, gray, black, etc. We have had some mid-90 days and the ebony interior has not been an issue. Cools down ok.

I do like how the interior is not jet black. It is a 'lighter' black, if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
35 Posts
no problem at all here, wouldn't trade the ebony interior for ANY other color ever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Used to have a honda accord w/ black seats and man those got hot! But the black leather in the acadia hasn't even come close yet. And let me tell you it's been hot here. Most of the time I'll start it before I get out there and everything's cool by the time I make it out to the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My previous car had black leather & even while I was living in Vegas with summer temps over 110 it didn't bother me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
leather gets hot regardless of the color. i have tan seats in my volvo and it is sickening hot so, i dont think it matters.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Even the titanium interior has a lot of black parts - dash, top of doors, etc. My dodge Ram (which the Acadia replaced) had a black dash also and it got a lot hotter than the black dash of the Acadia. Don't understand why.

I'm having all the windows tinted (even the side & rear) with a heat reflective tint. I'm hoping that will help.

For those looking for a front window cover you might check out canvasworks.com . They make really good heatshields - custom sized for the Acadia (and other models). They're a little pricey but I think they're worth it. It's the first purchase I make for any new vehicle we get.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Boltbacker said:
Heatwise no, it getting dirty so quickly after cleaning yes.
AMEN!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts