GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well add me to the list of folks that now own 2 Lambdas. My wife just picked up a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse yesterday to park alongside my 2007 Acadia. The crazy thing is we hadn't even talked about buying a new car. Her father was looking to replace his older Bravada and liked my wife's '03 Envoy. He made a deal to buy the Envoy from us and give us the Bravada as trade value. We went to the dealership yesterday afternoon to look at colors ONLY and see if my wife would even like the car, but by 9pm she was driving it home.

It's an Ice Silver 1LT FWD with ebony cloth. Pretty standard affair...except we negotiated in a remote start and sprung the extra $495 for the captain's chairs. It had 5 miles on it at delivery and would have been less but they took it for a full tank of gas before they handed over the keys. I drove it today for a short bit and I like it. The transmission seems smoother than mine, but it was a short drive and the car is not truly broken in yet. Same goes for the new Direct Injection 281 HP engine. Nice to have our second car with such similar features and placement of controls. I will say I am extremely jealous of some of the features she has over my SLE...rear backup camera with screen in the mirror, turn signal indicators on the outside mirrors, and audio controls on the steering wheel. I also like the captain's chairs versus the bench. The 2nd row seat feels so much more roomy now and and gives us a chance to access the 3rd row much easier if the need for extra passengers arise. With 2 car seats in my 2nd row bench, it renders the smart slide useless unless I want to constantly remove a car seat every ingress and egress. What a pain!

·
Registered
158 Posts
imgntht said:
With 2 car seats in my 2nd row bench, it renders the smart slide useless unless I want to constantly remove a car seat every ingress and egress. What a pain!
Captains chairs are by far the absolutely best feature of the Lambda line. IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Congrats..... Wish I could do that.....

Sounds like you might need to trade up to a 2009 SLT2 with Capts.....

imgntht said:
I will say I am extremely jealous of some of the features she has over my SLE...rear backup camera with screen in the mirror, turn signal indicators on the outside mirrors, and audio controls on the steering wheel. I also like the captain's chairs versus the bench. The 2nd row seat feels so much more roomy now and and gives us a chance to access the 3rd row much easier if the need for extra passengers arise. With 2 car seats in my 2nd row bench, it renders the smart slide useless unless I want to constantly remove a car seat every ingress and egress. What a pain!
If I remember correctly the Acadia SLT versions have a variable assist power steering system that the SLE doesn't have.... So I assume the Traverse is the same.... Do you notice a difference with ease of steering in the new Traverse?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Isn't that the way it always happens? You just go in to "look" and end up driving home a new vehicle. ;) Congrats on your new purchase! Maybe she'll be nice and let you drive it once in a while. ;D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I was in the same situation, I went to "look around" and actually test drove another vehicle, but ended up buying the Acadia. I think I made the better choice

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know now that you mention it bonk, the steering does seem to be a bit lighter and easier to use.

Charlene: Luckily I do get to drive it every once in awhile. In fact the very next day we were heading out to breakfast with my parents and she said I could drive. Usually if we are going out as a family she let's me drive regardless of who's car we are taking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts