GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that there are not many Acadias on the road? At least in my area of the country their don't seem to be. I have only seen them at the dealership. When did they become available for sale? I just think it is strange that such a nice vehicle isn't all over the place. Maybe production has been low? I realize that it is new but I would expect to see at least one out driving somewhere.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I live in Raleigh NC and have not seen one Acadia or Outlook on the road. I ordered mine on Feb 1st so maybe I'll be the first one!

·
Registered
523 Posts
BigGuy said:
Has anyone else noticed that there are not many Acadias on the road? At least in my area of the country their don't seem to be. I have only seen them at the dealership. When did they become available for sale? I just think it is strange that such a nice vehicle isn't all over the place. Maybe production has been low? I realize that it is new but I would expect to see at least one out driving somewhere.
I have seen a couple out here in Denver but when I went to the dealer I plan on getting mine from they have sold 8 which is all but 2 that they have gotten in. But because they either order them fully loaded or just base SLT-1, SLT-2 and SLE with not many options they have 10 customer orders that should be in this month or next. I think one other thing that is slowing the process is GM is starting to build higher quality cars so it is taking longer to get them off of the assembly line.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Same here in NY so far, I drive about 35 miles each way to work from Long Island and pass thru Queens, Bronx and finally to Westchester (WhitePlains) so far the only Acadia I have seen was parked at JFK and that was a month and a half ago!! and yet to see an Outlook

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
These things really didn't start hitting the streets until mid January, according to a local dealer ( in the DC area, at least). So yeah, still VERY new. Almost everyone I've talked to (friends, family and coworkers) have never even heard of the Acadia yet, much less seen one. BTW, I've seen only three other Acadias total, not counting ours, as of this afternoon.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Still have yet to see another one on the road here in the Philly area.

I bought the first Acadia off my dealer's lot a month ago. They had 2-3 others and those just hit the lot during the week we were doing the deal. Not much of a base from which to flood a market ;-)

I too haven't run into anyone that knew of the car when I told them what it was.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have seen 1 Acadia and 2 Outlooks here in St Louis. My dealership received a shipment of 8 Acadia's a week ago...this past weekend I went to check them out and all but 2 were gone! They are selling them FAST!

They have a stripped SLE sitting on the showroom floor. The same one I test drove before I put my order in 3 1/2 weeks ago. Pretty much everything else seems to be coming in fully loaded...including DVD.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I live in a suburb of Detroit and I have yet to see an Acadia on the road!! ??? :eek:

Louise

·
Registered
364 Posts
I live in the Newport News-Hampton-Yorktown area of SouthEast Virginia and I've seen 1 wgite one. I know there were 3 sold through one dealer in the area.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here in Kitchener Ontario I've only seen one, about two weeks ago. I wasn't able to tell if it had a "dealer" plate (i.e. test drive) or not...

I was in Toronto at the Canadian International Auto Show on Saturday; didn't see a single one on the road...and that's a city with 4 million + people!

Mine will be pretty lonely on the road here when I get it on Wednesday...

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I'm not sure why we're in a hurry to see so many right now anyway (except to see one of each color). I have a feeling by this time next year, these things will be everywhere. Absolutely NO negative reviews, everyone I meet thinks it's beautiful, it's extremely useful, well made inside and out and really a pretty damn good deal for everything you get! I have a feeling once more people know about them, they are going to sell very well...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would like to see the colors so I can decide which one to order. But I agree, these things will be everywhere by this time next year.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
admin said:
I'm not sure why we're in a hurry to see so many right now anyway.
Good point. Part of the charm of my 2002 MDX was its uniqueness when I bought it. Very few were around, and it turned lots of heads. Now, they are everywhere here. Gets kind of boring.

Kelly

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have yet to see another here in north-central Florida (orlando-Ocala area). My wife saw just one in Ft Lauderdale last week, though.

Dealer (60 miles away) had sold 7 as of 2/12, so there must be some out there. He had only one in stock - most are sold the same day they arrive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have yet to see a single Acadia (or Outlook for that matter) SE Wisconsin. Though I know that there is a least one running around on the road as a fully loaded model I was looking at at a local dealer was sold and deliveries to a customer a couple of weeks back...

Then again I have only see two of the new Acura MDX's since they came out and they have been out a while. It seems that unless it is a new Civic or Camry, new cars do not move very quickly in this part of the world.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I saw on ein my town on Long Island yesterday.

Other than that only at the dealers.

All the dealers here have stripped SLE's and maybe 1 fully loaded SLT2 in White. All other models and colors are special orders when I inquire about them.

This wait is killing me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't seen any Acadia's or Outlook's on the road. I am in Albuquerque and these things can't stay on the lots. It's not a big city so this surprising to me.

Can't wait to get mine though.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I live in a predominately GM town (Dayton, Ohio). I have yet to see an Acadia on the road. I drove by a Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealership next to the air force base that I work at and they had two on their lot. I didn't stop in to look at them (one was inside the showroom) since I didn't want to get bombarded by a salesman. I do all my car shopping via the Internet now.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts