GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be off-topic, feel free to move it. :)

This morning I had to bring both of my dogs in to the vet because they have some serious rash-like red spots on their bellies. It was big fun getting both dogs in and out of the Acadia all by myself, but I managed. Kind of. I kept the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded down flat for them. When we got there, I crawled into the 2nd row, grabbed their leashes and lead them out the door. So, in case you're wondering, the vet thought it was an infection caused by insects in my yard and prescribed antibiotics for the next 10 days. In the mean time, I'm supposed to figure out what in my yard might be biting them or causing these red spots.

Anyway, on the way home from the vet, I'm driving along and the dogs are being nice and quiet. Then... I swear one of them farted. LOL So I roll the windows down. Then I realized it was worse than that. OH NO... NO... NOT IN MY ACADIA!!!!! Mason (the 6 month old female) decided to thank me for the vet visit by pooping behind the passenger seat, smashing it into the 2nd row seat-track and into the edges of the battery compartment cover. Then jumping all over the 2nd and 3rd row seats that were folded down. And for good measure, when we got home and I got out of the car, she hopped over the console and onto the driver's seat. POOP EVERYWHERE!!!! Oh for the love of dog. Unreal. I was borderline hysterical. (all this time, Caleb was sitting on the other 2nd row seat behaving himself, knowing that Mason was in big trouble. go figure. lol)

It took me a couple hours, but I did get it all cleaned up. It actually cleaned up pretty easily. Maybe that interior protector package paid off after all. ;) I wiped it all up with hot water first, then broke out my Lil Green Machine and cleaned the carpeting and seats. I did discover that the plastic seat track cover pops right off above where the battery compartment is. *phew* I'm glad it did, because that's where she mashed most of it into the carpeting. I would hope that shampooing everything would get rid of any stink, but I left the windows open just in case, since the weather is nice. This is the first time either of my dogs has ever had an accident in one of my vehicles. I hope it NEVER happens again. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
POOR THING!!! Glad it came up easily! :comfort: My boxer thinks my brand new carpet in my living room is where we go when our tummy is not feeling well. I think I'll wait to take her out in the Acadia!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
:fart:

ROFL - I can only imagine what you were thinking as this was happening. It reminds me of when I brought home a new dog back in 1995, Brandy, I had a brand new Grand Prix GTP and I bought a crate when I picked up the puppy, I did not put the crate together though for the trip home, well she pooped in the car - luckily it was while sitting on top of the crate and it caught most of it. Then later on that weekend we were taking her to go for a hike and she was in my girlfriend lap, well wouldn't you know it, she got car sick and started to heave, I was looking for a spot to pull over but she let go, luckily my girlfriend (now my wife I might add) caught the whole mess in her shirt (saved the car :thumb:). From that point on I vowed to only have trucks so the dogs can sit in the back, I always had the barrier bars to make sure they stayed back their. Brandy had so many issues when it came to cars, she would drool everytime she got int he back of the car, it would just start pouring out, I eventually had to give her tranquilizers on long trips to get her to calm down. Unfortunately she pass this past October but we had a fun 12 years with her.

·
Registered
212 Posts
urghhhh... so that was you I smelled on I94 zig-zagging in between traffic in Gurnee. :ack:

·
Registered
492 Posts
PeeeYou.

Man that stinks (pun) ;D

You guys got me cracking up ;D

:worthless:

Just kidding.
I hope things air out and there are no after effects.

·
Registered
212 Posts
This reminds me of my other car, when for the longest time we could not figure out what was stinking up the car. Then as I was cleaning it out, I found an old kids milk sippy cup lodged underneath the passenger seats. The milk soiled into the carpet. I was never able to rid the smell no matter what cleaner I put on the carpet. Anytime we parked the car under the sun with the windows closed, the stench would build. Probably took about a year for the smell to finally disappear.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your sympathy. :)

Fortunately I was not on I-94 when this happened, though I was on Grand Avenue passing over I-94. ;D

I went outside to close up the Acadia earlier and I think it still kinda smells in there. But it might have just been that "damp" smell from cleaning the carpets. Maybe I need to spray the interior with something. ugh.

Mason is very lucky that she is a loved dog.

Funny that you should post the "worthless without pix" smiley. Earlier when I was looking for interior pix to post in the SLE interior thread, my brother was behind me and says "YOU DIDN'T TAKE PICTURES OF IT, DID YOU?!?" haha... ::) I didn't. So you're safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reminds me of a hurricane evacuation with my cat. We were on the Causeway (a 25ish mile long bridge over Lake Ponchartrain) in bumper to bumper traffic when he pooped in a pile of my husbands clothes :eek:. At least it didn't get in the carpet...I feel for you.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The good news is I was just out for a ride in the Acadia and it does NOT stink like poop. ;D I even asked my son and his two friends if the truck smelled funny at all and they replied that it just had new car smell (they didn't know about the earlier pooping incident until after they answered.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts