GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been now 3 weeks with my new Acadia and I love it...but have few small problems.....I hear a noise when I make a sharp left or right hand turn at low speed( like coming into my driveway).....it almost sounds like a plastic noise.....does anyone have the same issues....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you had campaign 7073 performed? You may well be experiencing the symptom that lubrication of the intermediate steering shaft boot was intended to address.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have experienced this same problem with our Acadia. THis problem began around 1500 miles and has goten worse. We tookit in for the recall and service bulletin to correct this and it did not work. We have contacted GM Customer service and the dealership and we were informed that until a "real" fix is found we must put up with it. We are not happy at all! We also had issues with the air bag lights, lift gate and the gas mileage is not close. Other than these problem we love it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad I checked the forum this morning! I started having the same noise at around 1500 miles. Seems to happen after a rest then when I make the first turn. 7073 doesn't really mention symptoms, so hopefully that's the fix. If anyone has had it applied and can confirm it fixes this problem please let us know! I'll have mine looked at with the first oil change.

J

·
0 Posts
Mine has the noise too. Developed around 500 miles. Now have 975 miles. Added it to my dealer list of things to be fixed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have over 2500 miles and have the same problem...like when I turn into my driveway at slow speed or as I have to back into my garage I have to turn the Acadia left and right few times....it sounds like something is hitting a plastic wheel well...please let us know if the Tb corrected this issue............

I still love my Acadia but the sounds are a problem...

·
Registered
185 Posts
yup. same thing here. no biggie but I will mention it tomorrow when I bring is in for the last two recalls just to get it on record.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I installed the mud flaps on the front (exactly as shown in directions, it seems pretty much idiot proof), the tires rub the flaps whenever the wheel is cranked almost all the way over for a sharp left or right turn. I don't think this is the problem discussed here, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I was going to have the dealer install the rear flaps at first tire rotation (the wheels have to be removed to install rear flaps) but maybe I'll go today and see what they can do.

J

·
0 Posts
I brought my Acadia in yesterday for several issues, this being one of them. The service writer called to tell me GM is working on a permanent fix and they should know what it is by my next service. ???? He said for now there is a temporary fix (lubing the shaft and adjusting something rubbing on plastic. He told me for now the noise will be gone but it might come back.

J

·
0 Posts
Follow up to my previous post. The dealer fix lasted exactly one week to the day. Rubbing came back today, louder than before. Has anyone else had any luck with this? I don't have much faith in my service department. They fixed nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I never heard this rubbing noise before or after the recall fix. Maybe I'm not listening closely enough. I'll try to pay more attention tomorrow morning. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's been a month since the last post so I was wondering if anyone had a resolution to this noise? I have had my Acadia for a month now and have 1100 miles. I've been hearing this noise for the last couple hundred miles. I only hear it when I first start the car. Once it's been driven a while I don't hear it anymore. It has an 03/07 build date if that matters.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I never really pay close attention on this... or maybe my radio is blasting away. I'll try to listen when I get off work today.
Does anyone experience/heard this after they got their car or after driving several miles?

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Is the noise heard when making a sharp turn (wheel turned almost all the way left or right) or when making a normal turn while driving say turning at a corner?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have to bring this back. My Acadia just hit 3000 miles and it started making a noise when I turn. It is a sort of "crunching" noise and it does it no matter what kind of turn I make. My Acadia was made after the recall so that should not be the problem.

Anyone else or did anyone get this fixed?

I've got an appointment for it on Tuesday, but would like any help before!

·
Registered
25 Posts
TMMAR said:
Is the noise heard when making a sharp turn (wheel turned almost all the way left or right) or when making a normal turn while driving say turning at a corner?
I only hear the noise when I'm turning sharply after the veh was just started. When I'm backing out of the driveway or a parking space and then put it in drive and turn the wheel to drive away. On the other hand I don't hear it when I'm pulling into the driveway or into a parking spot. I also don't hear it when I pull out of the drivethru ATM at my bank and that is basically making a tight u turn to the left. If it had to do w/the turning aspect I'd think it would be noticable during a u turn.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It doesn't do it everytime I turn, but I can't take a right into the driveway with out hearing it. I've decided that it is less of a crunch and more of a popping noise. If I do a sharp turn I can feel it on my pedal. Right now I am afraid to drive it, but we are taking the in-laws out for father's day and need the space. I wouldn't worry except there is no rhyme or reason when I hear the noise. Plus, it is annoying!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I hear the noise when turning, sounds like a poping or cracking noise. I will bring this to the attention of my service rep. during my next service visit.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts