GMC Acadia Forum banner

Noise when acadia start movement

6K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  rae0568 
#1 ·
I noticed that my Acadia has one time clanging noise when I start moving in first 5 second. I can feel a light fillip on the accelerator pedal. It happens only after parking for long time.
If somebody else has this issue?

#2 ·
This is normal and you should not worry about it. Reading the Owner's Manual describes this as the ABS system doing a self check. You should hear one noise at about 7mph. Then another noise twice right around 20mph.

G
#4 ·
After leaving my driveway, I notice the click as mentioned. There are stop signs every 1/2 to 2 blocks. As I leave each stop sign I here the click (noise) again. It finally stops after about a mile where I am finally able to not stop every 10 seconds. Then its completely gone. I am wondering if the ABS is not getting enough time to check itself initially or if it is something else and should mention it when I make my first service appointment. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this?

#5 ·
MomsTaxi...I would mention this next time you take it in for service. The first noise sounds like the ABS...the following noises should not be ABS. ABS has a pretty good diagnostic system and should set a warning light in the instrument cluster if something was wrong...but I would not expect other noises and so you should have it looked at. Take good notes when you notice it so you can be specific with the dealer when you take it in...especially if it goes away. Things like speed, temperature (if known and if it makes a difference) and time as well as where it occurs could help them diagnose.

#7 ·
momstaxi...let me know if you need any other assistance after speaking with the dealer. If they need help, please encourage them to call their regional service engineer. We'll make sure they get the help they need to get it fixed if they need it! You can also pm me in case I miss the update on this thread.

G
#8 ·
acadia7j100001, I hope the service tech will hear it. Needs to sit awhile or first morning ride. My luck the tech will be driving it and it will be one of the rare instances where it won't make the noise. It is definitely a snapping noise (loudness varies) and happens under 10 mph and again about 20 mph and then a third time immediately after. Sounds like its coming from the front drivers side. Some days the noise will continue for a couple more stops (as I mentioned in my previous post) I was originally going to wait for my 1000 mile service visit (only have 650 miles now) but I will make an appointment now. Thanks again for your help, it is most appreciated. I'm hoping the dealer can resolve and it's nothing serious.

#10 ·
acadia7j100001 said:
MomsTaxi...I would mention this next time you take it in for service. The first noise sounds like the ABS...the following noises should not be ABS. ABS has a pretty good diagnostic system and should set a warning light in the instrument cluster if something was wrong...but I would not expect other noises and so you should have it looked at. Take good notes when you notice it so you can be specific with the dealer when you take it in...especially if it goes away. Things like speed, temperature (if known and if it makes a difference) and time as well as where it occurs could help them diagnose.
I had an ABS noise with an Acura I previously owned. It sounded like a tinny nose (like a bike wheel hitting a baseball card on spokes) it would sometimes go on for a few minutes intermittently even after you started driving. Nothing was wrong with the ABS but it was just building itself back up again is what I recall them telling me. If it might be the ABS, maybe the light wouldn't show because maybe there is really nothing wrong with it. Anyway, just a guess on my part.

#12 ·
Have owned the car one week now and I noticed it but ONLY after just pulling out of my driveway, for example. I made a mental note of it and decided not to be concerned. Sounds like its the ABS and is normal....unless like momstaxi, you hear it more often!

Its great getting feedback from Acadia7j00001! We value your help greatly! Hope you know that!

#15 ·
I can't remember where I read this, but the Traction Control also does a self check in the first minute of driving, so that may be some noise as well...

It's in the manual I think. If I am wrong, sorrry... I just figured I would mention it.

#16 ·
I believe that a-rod is correct about the traction control. I too remember reading about it doing a self check in the manual.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.