Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have this problem. My wife has told on me on several occasions that when driving HER Acadia a noise comes out of the speakers as if the OnStar system is being activated. I have driven the vehicle a few times w/o the radio on and have not heard it. Let me know if anyone out there with there AWESOME Acadia has heard this, because I am not buying my wife's gripe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Larry,

We just got our Acadia today (!!!) and spent a good part of tonight just driving and enjoying. Our 4 month old was in the back and fell asleep when I decided to turn off the radio. I heard a faint but clearly audible white noise coming from the speakers. It sounded like the kind of hiss you get when your home stereo is cranked all the way up with the cd player on pause.

i figured out when it happens ( but not why...) and would be interested to see if you can replicate it. With the car on and the stereo powered off, engage your turn signal. In ours, the white noise is immediately heard and persists for a second or two after the turn signal is off.

Can anyone else hear something?

alan

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't notice this, but it may be specific to your model. It will always help in making correlations if your model is listed in your signature. For example SLE, SLT-1 or SLT-2. Do you have XM satellite, or NAV? I also think it may be a good idea for users to put their vin #'s in their sig's but am not sure if that could be problematic. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank-you for responding, I have the six cd changer & Bose system also. I have the Acadia SLT1 w/o Navigation or dvd player. Let me know JROCCO001 if & when you get radio replaced and if that resolved the problem. Please let me know.

Larry

·
Registered
259 Posts
I turned my radio off tonight to listen for this. And I agree, there is a white noise when the radio is off and the blinker is turned on. I have the SLT1 with 6-disc CD and Bose, too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The blinkers on this car are a little different. Normally, the clicking that you hear when they are on is a thermal or electronic relay under the dash but on the Acadia it is a "virtual" clicking noise that is generated by the radio. (The On-star, parking assist, warning chimes, etc. are also all generated by the radio, which makes it tough (though not impossible with some adaptors) to install an aftermarket radio.) If you pull the radio fuse, you'll find that the blinkers are silent. So if you hear anything other than the normal "blinker clicking" sound from the speakers, there is probably something wrong with the radio as others have suggested.

·
Registered
322 Posts
added poll...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts