GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m experienced the no sound so I’ve taken the amp out and in results of the boss amp being 250$ I found a cheaper 200 watt amp and harness the should plug and play . Anyone done this are will the radio play with out the amp

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Changing anything from the original sound system can be a complicated exercise in electronics and wiring. Best bet is to replace the Bose amp with another one matched for the Acadia.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I’m experienced the no sound so I’ve taken the amp out and in results of the boss amp being 250$ I found a cheaper 200 watt amp and harness the should plug and play . Anyone done this are will the radio play with out the amp
Agree with speleos, my little experience with the GM stereo systems, is that they are pretty much replace with factory items or replace it all. Honestly, $250 is not a ton of money in the grand scheme of things. How much money would you save by not using the Bose amp? $100? Have you tried a junk yard? More important; are you confident it's the amp that's at fault?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Agree. . . replace with a factory radio same model as the original. Although, some have used after marker amps from the hear unit onward. Complicated the more if differs from factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts