GMC Acadia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Sound from Speakers and new Amp didn't fix it

29K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  speleos 
#1 ·
Ok so this is my first post and I don't usually ask for help but I am officially stumped. I have a 08 GMC Acadia with BOSE sound system but no navigation or dvd just good old CD player. I have read many posts and the popular suggestion is that if there is no sound then I have a bad amp. So I purchased a new one of Amazon and replaced it and still I have no sound. I took the radio out and checked the connections and everything appeared to be ok. I do however have sound out of the rear audio jacks if I plug in headphones. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would also appreciate a detailed wiring diagram of the radio, including what color of wires are coming out of the radio and what each one does.

#2 ·
Nevermind I figured it out finally, seems it was the amp but it wasn't bad it was just not getting power. I finally found wiring diagram and when I checked fuse box under passenger side dash it was getting power to it but there was no power coming out. So I took fuse box out checked it and found nothing wrong so I cleaned all the connections and put it back in and magically the radio was working again along with all the other sounds. So in the future if you have this problem check the fuse box first and if you need wiring diagram let me know and i will email it to you.

#3 ·
Glad you got it fixed! :thumb: Checking fuses and wiring connectors is the best first thing to do when encountering electrical problems.

#4 ·
At least you have a spare amp now!

Good job on the troubleshooting.

#8 ·
I knew it was a long shot but figured I’d try. Didn’t know if this forum sent out reply notifications to emails or not.
Only if one sets up preferences to do so.

Look for the FSM file download. Should be able to find wiring diagrams in that document.

#19 ·
Thread closed due to lack of response from original poster - last seen on forum Oct 19, 2015.

Look for the factory service manual (FSM) file download. Should be able to find wiring diagrams in that document.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.