GMC Acadia Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, the turn signal "click" is nothing more than a sound track played thru the vehicle tweeter speakers in the a-pillar in order to "mimic" the sound made by old type turn signal "relays" that mechanically clicked.

I would guess you have an intermittent problem with the amplifier output signal to the speakers. One way to test this would be if it happens again, either plug in some headphones(or say PC speakers) to the rear audio console (or use wireless headphones if you have the RSE) and if you can hear sound in the headphones, but not in the speakers....then it is isolated in the outputs from the amplifier to the speakers or the amplifier itself (not sure how the sound system is wired in the Acadia).
i got the same isue as you, except for mine it syas on the radio "audio muted" when pressing the push to talk botton on the steering wheel. so is that has something to do with the no sound no turning signals sound ? also how to unmute, the manual says hold it for 2 seconds to unmute or something of that nature. didnt work for me.
Head phones work have sound but not speakers.

·
Super Moderator
21,712 Posts
Head phones work have sound but not speakers.
Welcome to the forum.
There should be enough info in this thread to lead you to a solution for the problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive been dealing with sound working and going off 30 min to a day been months... Now I lost complete sound...

Amp fuse is number 1
I have an aftermarket radio with my factory bose radio ..swapped both didn't work, swapped bose amp 3 times with no result, swapped Bcm from a scrap yard with a bose Bcm d'idnt work + after new swap my window wasn't working from the driver window switch(but it came back ok with my old Bcm). I have power and ground to my amp , and after I pull fuse 10min+ sound try to come back a a creeping sound coming from center console speaker only, even if I turn off radio the creeping sound wont stop ,t'ill I stop remove key from ignition and open door....

My friend dad who been a Gmc tech for 40 years, said It migth be software in the bcm and radio that are corrupted and need to be updated with new softwares... its 2-3 hrs at dealer or to buy a 1000$ Gmc scanner and tools,then pay to register Acdelco website and do update myself....

How can government never forced Gmc to make recall on these fraudulus software bugs... Both Gmc and government agreed to rip fair and honest citenzen... In Canada the government never forced Gmc to make any recalls on Acadia... At least Usa forced Gmc to make few recalls.... I bougth that lemon when I checked google quick and seen there was no recall.. I taugh it was reliable....

My only option left instead of spendind 300$ at dealer for software upgrade that migth not even work... is to buy a 8 channel amp and plug 8/10 bose speakers... Looked for amp bybass harness so that I dont cut my factory amp harness and it does'nt even exist for that lemon... splicing the factory amp harness will be painful since there is no space and just removing amp is very hard...

Also heard that if the front console speaker may have burned or disconenct and its a passthrue so no speakers will work if this speaker burn,,, I dont belive the speakers things and wont try swapping speaker...

I feel like killing a highly ranked member of my government and Gmc only because I have no sound and spend way to much on that lemon....

Cant belive government did nothing when these sound and problems occur to plenty of us ...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
We owned a 2010 GMC Acadia SLT2 before this one & had it for lil over 6 years & radio in it never haves us any trouble at all with it other than usual maintenance of fluids, replace tires, & brakes. Since we bought this 2014 a little over a year ago, we’ve had to replace struts & shocks & now this. We love the Acadia but are questioning GMC Acadia’s now!
You have a 7 year old vehicle with 100k miles on it. Just like the tires and brakes on your 2010, struts and shocks are wear items that do need to be replaced. Some of us are old enough to remember when shocks were usually shot by 30k miles. Just part of the price of ownership.

Bose amps are pretty reliable but like any component, they sometimes do fail. Again, all part of opting for an older vehicle with a boatload of miles. Certainly not something that should be paid for by the automaker on a vehicle well beyond the warranty.

Personally, if I were concerned about repairs, instead of buying a 7 year old Denali, I would opt for a 3 year old SLE.

·
Super Moderator
21,712 Posts
This thread has become humorous! Sorry to interrupt your pity party!! Fact is: electronics go bad - sometimes without warning.

I drove a '73 top-of-the-line Suburban as a work truck back in '79. The radio blew out about '77 or '78, so I was told - owner never wanted to replace it. Anyone who used that vehcle had to provide their own tunes with a boom box, or some other type of radio/player until somebody came up with the idea of putting an underdash cassette player in it.

Reactions: Gmcde3

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Why would GMC be responsible for any out of warranty coverage?
As for Bose, it's just another brand, but with great marketing people. It, like any other electronics, fail.

·
Super Moderator
21,712 Posts
Why would GMC be responsible for any out of warranty coverage?
As for Bose, it's just another brand, but with great marketing people. It, like any other electronics, fail.
The thread has just become more humorous with the poster editing away his initial comments!

Reactions: Grantv

·
Super Moderator
21,712 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Okay . . then. . B. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,712 Posts
As in Back to Bose discussion. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Post is old but thought it might help someone else if I having a very similar but not the exact issues. I have an 09 outlook. I have had no sound from three speakers but the back passenger door is fine. I also have no chimes or blinker sounds that are audible enough to hear, the pillar tweeters are working but can only be heard a few inches away playing music. There is no sunroof because we have had them leak before. I don't think it has Bose anything but it doesn't matter because I learned here that they have the same connections in the doors and that was the problem. Only the drivers side, back door had water inside the connection, but it was a lot. I dried it out with a blow drier and the net day it worked, everything. I sprayed on a sealant but two days later my wife washed the car and it leaked again. I haven't got a permanent fix but I do know the problem.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Post is old but thought it might help someone else if I having a very similar but not the exact issues. I have an 09 outlook. I have had no sound from three speakers but the back passenger door is fine. I also have no chimes or blinker sounds that are audible enough to hear, the pillar tweeters are working but can only be heard a few inches away playing music. There is no sunroof because we have had them leak before. I don't think it has Bose anything but it doesn't matter because I learned here that they have the same connections in the doors and that was the problem. Only the drivers side, back door had water inside the connection, but it was a lot. I dried it out with a blow drier and the net day it worked, everything. I sprayed on a sealant but two days later my wife washed the car and it leaked again. I haven't got a permanent fix but I do know the problem.
Thanks for that info and insight. Yes indeed, water intrusion can cause a lot of gremlins in any of the systems in these modern day vehicles.
Perhaps some silicone dielectric greas liberally applied to the connector(s) would help mitigate further issues as well as determining why water got in to begin with. .

141 - 156 of 156 Posts