GMC Acadia Forum banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know I'm also late to the party. Here is my experience with my '07 Outlook XR (non-Bose? at least I don't see "Bose" anywhere). The headlight and door beepers were usually very quiet but occasionally full volume. I determined the sound was ONLY coming from the tweeter on the door pillar. My radio sound was quiet and poor sound! By adjusting balance and fader, I determined the front door and passenger rear door speakers were not working on a regular basis. I pulled the drivers' door panel and I could see the speaker cone was severely damaged. I connected a spare speaker which worked fine. I also had water in the wiring plugs but dumping the water did not seem to help any of my problems. So, I replaced all four door speakers for about $90 from Crutchfield and I now have door beepers and good stereo sound!

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok, wait... so, if it is a NON BOSE you can still have AMP? because i have the same issue. no bose and when my the right side of speakers dont work the door chime is quite. how do i fix it? :banghead:

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
jessfoti said:
ok, wait... so, if it is a NON BOSE you can still have AMP?
The primary things added to the Bose system (as opposed to the non-Bose) are a power booster amp and specialized speakers to handle the extra power. The main amplifier for both systems is contained within the radio, or head unit as it's called. So yes, you still have an AMP. Keep reading the non-Bose threads and you should find the answer to your specific problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FORUM GM said:
:welcome:

I could throw a lot of conjecture out as possibilities for this
issue, but I think you would be better served by taking your Acadia to a dealer.

One thing though; does your 07 have sun roofs?
----------------
I have a 1992 Buick Lesabre that has had nightmare electrical problems before that took the garages weeks to figure out, so I hope this isn;t something like that, but here's what happenned: Over the past couple months my turn signals have been working intermittently--some days they would work, some days not,

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
dave2586 said:
I have a 1992 Buick Lesabre that has had nightmare electrical problems before that took the garages weeks to figure out, so I hope this isn;t something like that, but here's what happenned: Over the past couple months my turn signals have been working intermittently--some days they would work, some days not,
We don't do cars from the last millennium on this forum. :facepalm:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just wanted to follow up that I finally resolved this issue - ALL 4 OF THE IN-DOOR SPEAKERS WERE BAD.

Some showed a bit of corrosion where the wires are soldered to the speaker but others looked perfectly fine. Each time as soon as I plugged in a replacement speaker sound was provided right away.

Still don't understand why a couple of them intermittently worked although the downtime was growing each time they stopped working. But anyway I'm happy that I have my chimes back and I don't have to listen to music only through the A pillar tweeters anymore. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have not been around the forum in a while, but started having this issue on the 2008, with the Bose. Of course I knew my forum friends would have already "been there done that!"
So, I have the amp on order, and just have to decide if my old back can handle doing this project under the dash. If any one knows of someone in the Minneapolis area that will do it cheaply, let me know!

Thanks as always for all the great help and discussion!

P.S. 124k on the odometer now. Other than 2 steering racks and this amplifier thing, we have been relatively problem free (he says, knocking on wood).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have experienced the same issues with the radio. It started earlier this year when the radio stopped working for a few hours and then started back working. Then it stopped working a few months later for almost a week and then started back working. Now, it has stopped working and has not been working for almost 2 weeks. The 2nd time it stopped working, I took it to the GMC dealership and they stated that their was an amp shortage and that it would cost over $900 to have it replaced. I checked Amazon for the price of the amp that was listed on the service paper and now I need to find someone to install it. I was looking to see if there was a recall on this issue because GMC has been having many recalls.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Khaismom said:
I have experienced the same issues with the radio. It started earlier this year when the radio stopped working for a few hours and then started back working. Then it stopped working a few months later for almost a week and then started back working. Now, it has stopped working and has not been working for almost 2 weeks. The 2nd time it stopped working, I took it to the GMC dealership and they stated that their was an amp shortage and that it would cost over $900 to have it replaced. I checked Amazon for the price of the amp that was listed on the service paper and now I need to find someone to install it. I was looking to see if there was a recall on this issue because GMC has been having many recalls.
Why would they issue a recall for something as benign as a radio problem that's not all that common? :shrug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
:angryfire: I took our 2008 Acadia to a dealer with the same audio problem. No sound from the radio, turn signals, etc. Explained the problem and what I had read on the forum about the amplifier. Left it for service, they contacted me and said that I had a water leak that had dripped into the fuse box and that was the problem. The water leak was repaired and the fuse box was replaced to the tune of $850. Service contacted me and said that everything was working and ready to go. Picked up the vehicle on Sat. (everyone in service shop gone) and when I started it, you guessed it, no sound. Left it for them to check it out and today, I get a call saying the amplifier needs to be replaced for $550. I'm PO'd to say the least. So I am going to purchase an amp and have it installed locally. How do I know what amp to buy? Nothing says Bose, so I want to get the correct amp. Checked prices and amps average $250. Is there a particular one I should be looking for? The door pillar "water accumulation" has been done several times. (Drain the connections, blow out with air, and spray connectors with cleaner.) Is there any other areas that I should look at?

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
tnjp said:
... How do I know what amp to buy? Nothing says Bose, so I want to get the correct amp. ...
Bose is the only factory-installed premium sound system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Four days ago I got in my 2014 GMC Acadia and the radio just stopped working. It would power itself off and I would see the GMC symbol and nothing. I would hit the power button and it appeared to power on, maybe I'd hear music for about 5 seconds and it would power off again displaying the GMC lettering. You could hear the turn signal clicking and then you couldn't hear the clicking but you could see the flashing turn signal. You could also hear sounds coming from the CD player like it was trying to play something. I decided that I would just listen to music through my bluetooth earlobes but I had to disconnect my car radio from the bluetooth on my phone because even the music on my phone would stop playing. Today, (still no music), while coming home from church I turned on the AC but when I pushed the button for the AC it would flash a couple of times and then go off. The AC did not come on at all during my entire ride home. :banged:
I plan to make an appointment to take it to the dealership but decided to check out this forum to see if anyone else was having this problem and I see it goes back several years. I still have just under two years to pay for my vehicle and of course it's no longer under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks everyone for your comments on the 2007 Acadia no-sound issue.
I have the Bose System. Two weeks ago the sound failed from the speakers. The radio continued to work. You could listen to with headphones on the rear auxiliary jacks which goes to prove the radio is producing sound.
The problem exhibited as the amplifier being bad [The AMP fuse was okay] so I ordered a new one from Rock Auto.
During this time I learned some had found problems with door connectors and their IP (interior) fuse block having corrosion.
With the old amplifier out, I tested for power to the connector [No Power]
Dropped the passenger hush panel to gain better access to the IP Fuse Block X1
Lowered the Glovebox. There are two pins, rotate them 1/4 turn counterclockwise to remove. Note the dampener rod on the right.
Accessing through the glovebox opening I removed the blue connector on top and saw some mild corrosion
On the underside of the fuse block, you'll see a large connector with a white cover. Use a socket wrench with a 10mm socket to remove.
This is a big plug, It will slowly back out. Inspect the plug and fuse block. I did not notice any corrosion here.
Replace the large plug using the socket wrench again and go slowly.
Replace the blue connector on top of the fuse block.
I plugged in the OLD AMP and all the connectors to the BCM.
Turn on the ignition
Turn on the radio
There was a short pause and sound returned.
I cycled the radio on and off
I cycled the ignition on and off
I bolted up the OLD AMP to its bracket (not fun)
Replaced hush panels and test drove.
All audio functions are restored.

What would I do differently next time?
Check and reseat connectors at the fuse block and doors. They are a lot easier to get at than the Amp.

If corrosion had eaten away at the amp power distribution from the IP fuse block I was prepared to splice in new, fused 30 Amp power at the amp connector
Returning the New Amp to Rock Auto in case someone needs it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
350 Posts
This happened to our 08 a couple years after we got it (new). A loud pop, the volume went really high. I turned off the radio and back on, nothing. A few days later it worked fine, for a few years. Then it happened again, fixed itself and has been ok since.

I saw someone on facebook group have a similar issue and was told it could be the amp; seems the Bose amps in Acadias and other vehicles have issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No sound from radio, turn signals or doors

I drove down the road this morning and had my iPhone plugged thru an aux cord and my radio made a quick buzzing noise for about 3 seconds and then no sound from radio. I changed the source on the radio and nothing. Later realized I have no sound for blinkers, or when I leave my key in ignition and open the door. We've had a lot of rain recently and I'm going to check to see if I have water in my wiring harness in the doors. But I'm steering towards possibly a new amplifier. So I'm wondering...does anyone think its the amplifier or BCM? And how can I check to see which one it is? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
... So I'm wondering...does anyone think its the amplifier or BCM? And how can I check to see which one it is? ...
Most likely, the amplifier has gone bad. The BCM controls so many functions in the car that you would probably notice other changes if there was a problem in the module. There is no 'simple' check short of replacing the component. Someone familiar with use of a scan tool could track down the problem for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most likely, the amplifier has gone bad. The BCM controls so many functions in the car that you would probably notice other changes if there was a problem in the module. There is no 'simple' check short of replacing the component. Someone familiar with use of a scan tool could track down the problem for you.
Thank you for helping. I had a feeling it most likely was. I'm assuming it would have to be reprogrammed after installation too. If thats the case...I think I'm just going to take it to the mechanic. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Thank you for helping. I had a feeling it most likely was. I'm assuming it would have to be reprogrammed after installation too. If thats the case...I think I'm just going to take it to the mechanic. Thanks again.
I believe a replacement amp is simple plug-n-play (PnP). It's a bit of a pain to remove & replace (R&R). You'll find some 'how to' videos on youtube if you feel like tackling the job yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got the same isue as you, except for mine it syas on the radio "audio muted" when pressing the push to talk botton on the steering wheel. so is that has something to do with the no sound no turning signals sound ? also how to unmute, the manual says hold it for 2 seconds to unmute or something of that nature. didnt work for me.

121 - 140 of 157 Posts