GMC Acadia Forum banner

No sound from radio, ‘et all = Software issue?

Tags
no sound
18K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Colt Hero 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I recently traded in my 2011 for a new 2021 Acadia Denali. I have an issue that after driving for a 2-3 hours that if I stop and restart the car, I get no sound from radio, navigation, phone calls, etc. the door chimes still work. The only way to get sound back is to let the car sit overnight.

My dealer is saying that there is a software update (V153) coming that has a line item “no sound from radio, chimes still work” butit is not available yet for the Acadia. Since this is supposed to be a problem with all 2021 acadias and many other GM products, I am checking with the group to see if others have experienced this problem and if software fixed it or if there was another fix.

I am more suspicious of hardware, maybe heat affecting the unit, but my dealer is not willing to go any further down that path until I finally get the V153 software update.

#2 ·
I recently traded in my 2011 for a new 2021 Acadia Denali. I have an issue that after driving for a 2-3 hours that if I stop and restart the car, I get no sound from radio, navigation, phone calls, etc. the door chimes still work. The only way to get sound back is to let the car sit overnight.

My dealer is saying that there is a software update (V153) coming that has a line item “no sound from radio, chimes still work” butit is not available yet for the Acadia. Since this is supposed to be a problem with all 2021 acadias and many other GM products, I am checking with the group to see if others have experienced this problem and if software fixed it or if there was another fix.

I am more suspicious of hardware, maybe heat affecting the unit, but my dealer is not willing to go any further down that path until I finally get the V153 software update.
I have not experienced this yet and hope I never do. And I have definitely had the vehicle on for the 2 to 3 hours. Please keep us updated.

#3 ·
This happened to me today in my 2021 Acadia Denali. Not after driving for 2-3 hours like above but I just started it like normal and no sound. Was hoping after I turned it off and back on it would come back but not yet. Letting it “rest” a couple hours and hoping for the best. Anyone experience this issue lately??

#4 ·
My wife texted me yesterday that the Radio stopped working on her drive into work. No audio like mentioned above. Not sure about the other functions as she was not using them. We have had many longer trips with radio and android auto nav going and have not seen this before. It was working on her way home.

#10 ·

So I am thinking that I am closer to having this resolved. In my case they replaced the radio and connections. That did not help. They just replaced the amplifier and so far that seems to have fixed the problem. I have taken multiple 2-3 hour trips and in about a month, I will take a 10 hour trip. That will be the ultimate test.

#12 ·

so mine is finally fixed! Urned out to be a bad amplifier.

#14 ·
The software update in this case. . . was only for 2021 model year.
It is not likely there would be any more for a 2012.

Reactions: Pooh51
#17 ·
@wieze.bryant : how do you (or anyone, for that matter) know for sure that:

1.) The software was updated

2.) The Update was the correct update.

Are there versions numbers, Build Dates, Load Dates shown anywhere on the fancy Displays Manufacturers purposely underutilize?

If it were me, I’d be going in there asking the question up-front so I could double-check what they’re doing.