GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a recent problem that I have seen 3 or 4 other posts about so I thought I would document my findings for others on the forum. The first sign of a problem was the engine would rev and the vehicle speed would be limited to 20-30 MPH’ basically, I believe the transmission was in a limp-home mode. The first time it happened, the symptoms went away and the car drove normally; although the Check Engine light was illuminated. We took it to the dealer, and they replaced the Input Speed Sensor. After the car was returned from the dealer I noticed that it would take a few seconds (~2-3) before it would engage into Reverse, and the 2 to 3 shift was a bit more noticeable than normal. After about a week, the problem returned (engine reved, but would not go faster than 30 MPH)… but this time there was NO Reverse gear at all. I drove it to the dealer, which was thankfully only a few miles away, and after disassembling the transmission replace the 3-5-Reverse wave plate, clutch pack and few other related items. Apparently the snap ring, or other components in the 3-5-Reverse clutch pack failed. It’s been a week since the repair and all seems to be back to normal. An interesting side note is that it would not start on the first attempt after cycling through the gears (e.g. after you take if out of Drive and put it into Park, and turn off the key… it would not start on the first try). This turned out to be a bad connection in the 20-pin connector goes between the transmission and the ECU (see my other post “wont start, will not start..”). I hope this helps others out there, that may be suffering similar symptoms …. Looks like some trans work ahead. Oh yeah, my Acadia is a 2007, with ~ 40,000 miles, and all this was covered under Warranty. …. Now I can get the May 2008 transmission reflash done…

1 - 1 of 1 Posts