GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed my brake controller in my 2009 Acadia. I used the factory supplied harness, mounted the brake controller level under the dash, matched-up all the wires except the gray wire and it will not yet work. The user manual says that 2 wires in the engine compartment need hooked-up by the dealer. I have read that some people found that this was not true, that it was just plug & play. I guess I need these 2 wires hooked-up, but can anyone tell me where these 2 wires are and how I can do it myself?

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
tomobert,

I suggest you contact the dealer and get the brake controller to work. That way, they are responsible for anything that might go wrong and your warranty is protected.
:thumb:

·
Registered
143 Posts
tomobert said:
I have installed my brake controller in my 2009 Acadia. I used the factory supplied harness, mounted the brake controller level under the dash, matched-up all the wires except the gray wire and it will not yet work. The user manual says that 2 wires in the engine compartment need hooked-up by the dealer. I have read that some people found that this was not true, that it was just plug & play. I guess I need these 2 wires hooked-up, but can anyone tell me where these 2 wires are and how I can do it myself?
I remember it being a fuse that was not installed. Do a search on here. Does the "hot" wire in the 7 pin(rear bumper) plug work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts