GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen this on the web http://www.truckblog.com/story-2277-general_motors_deletes_heated_windshield_washer_fluid_option

To: Dealer Operator and New Vehicle Sales Manager

Subject: Discontinuance of Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System (Option XA7 or CHW)

Please be advised that effective immediately GM will no longer make available the Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System (option XA7 or CHW) on any GM Vehicle. Therefore, the following criteria will apply:

·Vehicles previously ordered and built with this feature (XA7 or CHW) that are in-transit will be delivered with this option.

·Orders currently in-system (event 30-38) will have this option (XA7 or CHW) deleted and the appropriate credit applied.
oOn vehicles / merchandising models where the feature is standard equipment the credit will be applied to the base price and the Monroney Label will include a notation that the feature has been deleted.
oOn vehicles / merchandising models where the feature is included in a Option Package, the credit will be applied to the package price and the feature excluded from the description.

·All ordering materials (guides / configurators) will be updated accordingly.

The affected vehicle lines include:

·Buick: Enclave, Lucerne
·Cadillac: CTS, DTS, Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
·Chevrolet: Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, Silverado, Traverse
·GMC: Acadia, Yukon, Denali, Yukon XL, Denali XL, Sierra, Sierra Denali
·Hummer: H2
·Saturn: Outlook

That means my new Acadia SLT2 will not have that feature :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
My dealer said this was coming down the pipe. :-[ At least my two vehicles have it. I like the feature.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Don't feel too bad, I don't either. They took the fuse out of mine. I guess they didn't find a good enough fix. It's a shame, it was nice while it worked.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
There was a recall involving this recently- I think it was a fire hazard of some sort, the stop gap measure was to pull the fuse.

I never saw the need for it here in FL, so I can make a good deal for someone on mine. :) Just kidding- can't part out the Acadia.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I don't really need it either, but it really helped during bug season when they got caked on the windsheild. Boy, I miss winter. Yes, it was a pain with the snow and ice, but it was alot cleaner than scraping millions of bug guts off your car. This year we were lucky, there were two bug seasons! :tard:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Tell me about it! We had the misfortune of picking up the Acadia during the peak of the "second" lovebug season. The blue front end was black by the time we got home. :( They are just about gone now since we got a cold front here yesterday. I didn't want to do it, but I bought & installed a LeBra front end cover on the Acadia due to all the bugs.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I may have to break down and get one. I swear, they seem stickier this year! ???

·
Registered
74 Posts
mckcab said:
I don't really need it either, but it really helped during bug season when they got caked on the windsheild. Boy, I miss winter. Yes, it was a pain with the snow and ice, but it was alot cleaner than scraping millions of bug guts off your car. This year we were lucky, there were two bug seasons! :tard:
Oh, do tell us Yankee folk, what exactly is 'bug season'? So Texas gets hurricanes, tornadoes, and plagues of locusts?? Y'all must've really pissed someone off.

As a New Englander I've got to say, now that I've got heated washer fluid, I'll never buy another vehicle without it. I hope that it returns by the time I'm ready for my next Acadia.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Not locusts, lovebugs. (and mosquitos) Lovebugs are these strange bugs that are attached at their rear ends, so there are two bugs flying as one. I really don't know much about them (I am a displaced Yankee married to a native Houstonian.) except usually in between Spring and Summer they come out in BILLIONS!!! There is a member, Racefla, who posted a picture of his Acadia covered with them.

What can we say, Texas is such a great place to be, someone had to have a few big things happen to drive off the riff-raff. ;D

·
Registered
614 Posts
I encountered the lovebugs on a trip to Florida,so I parked next to the lawn sprinklers at the hotel we stayed at. By the morning the sprinklers had cleaned them off before they could bake onto the cars paint.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
oicu812 said:
Oh, do tell us Yankee folk, what exactly is 'bug season'? So Texas gets hurricanes, tornadoes, and plagues of locusts?? Y'all must've really pissed someone off.

As a New Englander I've got to say, now that I've got heated washer fluid, I'll never buy another vehicle without it. I hope that it returns by the time I'm ready for my next Acadia.
First off, thanks for the reply. I never knew we had any OU812 related people here. :) I like to use this term while posting from time to time, and it is good to know at least one other member will get this phrase.

The lovebug is actually a fly that replicates at an uncountable pace during certain times of the year, and can damage paint if left on the vehicle's surface. It is a major pain to clean off the vehicle's paint & glass.

Segue
While we do have bug & hurricane seasons, we don't have state income tax season and do have reasonable vehicle registration fees/one time taxes. I'm fairly certain TX is the same way (one of the places I was looking at around retirement time), mckcab can say on this.

Freakout in: 10[/color]

·
Registered
49 Posts
So does my 2008 acadia get the windshield washer recall fix now (or November from what I hear) or will they do it at all? Any kind of money back from this if they will not fix it?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Righto big blue! No income taxes here, just a lot of wind (not just the hurricane type!)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
bizkit said:
So does my 2008 acadia get the windshield washer recall fix now (or November from what I hear) or will they do it at all? Any kind of money back from this if they will not fix it?
Almost all of the 2008s do not fall under the recall for the heated washer fluid. Only 3 2008 Acadias are involved in this. If the VIN number falls between 8J100942 and 8J101067 (last 8 digits), it is involved in the recall. Otherwise, you're fine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
So that's it? That's the recall fix? Just pull the fuse out?

·
Registered
49 Posts
So when you pull the fuse you lose the option of having heated wiper fluid. I think there should be some sort of cash back if that option is going to be killed. I did not buy my acadia because of that option but I am sure that some people did look at that option as a plus.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Yanking the fuse is just a temporary measure if you are concerned about circut overheating. The fix is a new wiring harness with an inline fuse that will keep the system operational, but the new harnesses won't be at the dealer until November.

·
Registered
250 Posts
GeoHawk said:
bizkit said:
Almost all of the 2008s do not fall under the recall for the heated washer fluid. Only 3 2008 Acadias are involved in this. If the VIN number falls between 8J100942 and 8J101067 (last 8 digits), it is involved in the recall. Otherwise, you're fine.
i think you are right... because my dealership called today and they said my 08 acadia is not part of the recall :thumb:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just to confirm GeoHawk...I stopped by the dealership yesterday to ask if the parts were available yet for the recall...they said they are temporarily disabling the system and the parts will be available in November. I saw the list of Acadia's at this dealership who were effected...there were dozens.

Dealership was great...they offered a free car to use for the day while they had our Acadia.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts