GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 15 weeks my special-ordered Acadia is finally here. Now the dealer says the $500 Conquest rebate is gone. The Memorial day rebate is over, so now just the regular $500 rebate applies. Five days earlier and I would have had $1500.

Can anyone confirm that the conquest rebate is gone?

Makes me wonder if GM plays with delivery schedules of special-ordered vehicles to reduce their incentive costs. The current $500 rebate expires June 30 - I'll bet they raise it on '08s after that. :mad:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I don't think GM is purposefully playing with the rebate/order timing, but if you are not happy with the current price, just say NO!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just tell them that you'll pass.. and wait till July for the July 4 sale.. you know there's gonna be one... Or they can go ahead and honor the price you would have gotten w/ the rebates.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just talked to a guy on tues about a new 08 and he said that it was there. But then contiued to say wait for 09s to hit the floor because they are not selling well and GM will want to get rid of them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in the process of dealing on a new SLT right now. I live in a rural area and we don't have much selection, so I'm contacting dealers in larger cities up to 300 miles away. I talked to one salemen this afternoon and he mentioned the conquest money because he asked me if I had a new GM vehicle, which I do. He said there was up to $1500 in rebates still available. But, I'll have to wait until tommarow to see what the final price is. I've only ever bought one new vehicle in my life, so this is nerve racking given the prices of these things. I ready to offer invoice for the '08, but I don't know at this point if I should wait for an '09 or try to barter down some more on the '08. What do you guys think? Problem is no one has what I'm looking for in stock and they'd have to go get it then I'd have to drive a ways to get it from them or have it delivered.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Conquest rebate IS still available. I picked up my new '08 Acadia last night and got the $500 cash incentive and the $500 conquest cash (for owning a 1999 or newer non-GM vehicle).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts