GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out today from my local dealership, that GM have discontinued carbon metallic color for 2007. They will introduce new black color in 2008 models..
Not sure how true this is..
Just want to pass on what I heard..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Was posted on here somewhere before. It is true, but the color probably won't be too far off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Why would they off a color for such a short period of time? Does GM think that the color was not well liked?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
As an early Carbon Metallic owner, was a very happy to hear this. Ours will be the most rare color on the road! Who knows, maybe our resale value will be lifted slightly someday ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Not sure I like this news. I think the carbon metallic color is the best color they offer. However, since my wife is not a fan of it, I have to get something else. I thought we would get the brown with brick interior...but the silver with ebony leather is growing on me. Still have to wait until Labor Day (at the earliest). Ho hum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
gmc said:
Why would they off a color for such a short period of time? Does GM think that the color was not well liked?
Like many potential acadia/outlook buyers, I wondered why they didn't they have Black as a paint choice. Charcoal was the next best thing to black.

I'm sure the replacment colour is black.

Charcoal is a great colour. Makes the vehicle look much smaller than white/silver/gold
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
The first model year of the Saturn VUE (2002) had a colour called "black-silver". Very slick and unique colour I thought.

When I ordered my VUE (2003 model) I was disappointed that GM had dropped the colour from the choices. Ended up with regular black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I was at the dealer today, they can't even find me a carbon metallic with Nav, looks like there are several coming down the pipe, I think the status code was 3400, but I need something by June 1 and can't take the risk of waiting. Been toying with the idea of finding one without Nav and just adding it myself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
cmg27 said:
I was at the dealer today, they can't even find me a carbon metallic with Nav, looks like there are several coming down the pipe, I think the status code was 3400, but I need something by June 1 and can't take the risk of waiting. Been toying with the idea of finding one without Nav and just adding it myself
What area are you looking in? My local dealer has 2 carbons w/nav listed in their inventory. I'm stopping by there tomorrow so I'll see if they're there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
loach said:
cmg27 said:
I was at the dealer today, they can't even find me a carbon metallic with Nav, looks like there are several coming down the pipe, I think the status code was 3400, but I need something by June 1 and can't take the risk of waiting. Been toying with the idea of finding one without Nav and just adding it myself
What area are you looking in? My local dealer has 2 carbons w/nav listed in their inventory. I'm stopping by there tomorrow so I'll see if they're there.
I am in the SW, my dealer searched out 800 miles to find one. The only ones he found were in CA and he said they can't trade with CA because of the emissions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
My dealer has one. I live around Houston. It does have a second row bench, though.

I think the ones on order will be there by June 1. Ordering times seem to be getting shorter and that's six weeks from now. It only took three weeks for me when my Acadia was at 3400.
 
G

·
I am a fan of the carbon metallic too, and I also like the darker floors of the old titanium interior.

If I had to pick a color out of the '08's thought, it would definitely be the carbon black metallic.

It's like black with sparkles in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
They changed it to carbon black and they added a premium color cost onto it. They probably did this to make more money. I have seen the carbon black and the carbon metallic is still a better color, and it wasn't an extra cost.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
And now us lucky 07 Carbon owners will have the most rare color available! Mwuahahaha! >:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
If I ever park next to a Carbon Black and have my camera, I'll hook you up :)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top