GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's a Federal law that all vehicles and car seats built after September 1,2002 have to have them.It also says that the 2nd row of seats must have at least two sets of LATCH anchors.On some vehicles it's kind of hard to locate the lower anchor points,but if you reach your hand between the upper and lower seat portion you will feel them toward the outside part of the seat.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think what you've heard is that on the bench the middle seat doesn't have the lower LATCH points. This is because if you put a car seat in the middle you couldn't use the "Smart Slide" feature. It does have the upper anchor so you can still put a car seat in the middle but have to use the seats belt to attatch the bottom.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
In fact, each outside seat in the 2nd row has LATCH anchors, as well as the middle position in the 3rd row.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats good to know...I looked all over for them, and so did the sales person. I didnt think of slidding my hand between the back of the seat and feeling around for what might by a latch to secure my childs car seat..the only latch system I found was on the back of the seats. If they are there ...they are not easy to find and access. If GMC is targeting the young family market.They should have gave this issue more thought.

·
Registered
82 Posts
crash2864 said:
Thats good to know...I looked all over for them, and so did the sales person. I didnt think of slidding my hand between the back of the seat and feeling around for what might by a latch to secure my childs car seat.
Just curious, but where were you expecting to find the anchors? I've never been in a vehicle with them before, but intuitively I felt around at the seat cushion junction and found 'em. Do other vehicles locate them differently?

The one anchor point I have a beef with is the one on the back of the 2nd row captains chairs. The strap doesn't stay on top of the headrest, and it can't go under, so it has to go diagonally over & down the back. Barely reaches. Then when I hook the rear latch, the plastic door cover doesn't close, it hangs down. I know it's gonna get snapped off by a 3rd row passenger.

I still can't believe that with child seats/boosters required for so many years of a kids life that they haven't just built 'em in to more vehicles. All I've seen with built in boosters is Chrysler Minivans and the Volvo XC90. It's easily worth an extra grand to not have to futz with car seats again.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
crash2864 said:
Thats good to know...I looked all over for them, and so did the sales person. I didnt think of slidding my hand between the back of the seat and feeling around for what might by a latch to secure my childs car seat..the only latch system I found was on the back of the seats. If they are there ...they are not easy to find and access. If GMC is targeting the young family market.They should have gave this issue more thought.
All latch systems are buried in the seats, some or more obvious but I don't think you want to sit on a piece of 3/8" rod when you get in. I think they would sell less Acadias if every time you sat down you got a visit from everyones favorite Dr. In other words I think they gave it a lot of thought.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
As with my Envoy, there are probably iconsor labels on the lower portionof the seat. There should also be a flap of materialthat folds up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That doesn't seem to be a problem with the 2nd and 3rd rows in the Denali.I've never had anyone complain about sitting on them, due to the location. It's not stopping us from buying the Acadia. I'm more concerned about the towing power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts