GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 08 Acadia last week and love it so far. However tonight I attempted to turn on my high beams and didn't seem to notice it get any brighter. The blue indicator light came up on the dash but nothing else. After getting home, sure enough, no high beams. If the fog lights are on, they shut off like they should, but no high beams. Before driving back to the dealer on Monday, anyone have any ideas on the cause??

Great Forum, I plan on using it regularly

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you have HID or Halogen Headlamps?

Possilbe senarios
Halogen- Both bulbs are burned out. It would be rare that both of sides would have burned highbeam bulbs so quickly.
Halogen - Overvoltage burned out both bulbs. How come the other bulbs are still working?
HID - Both higbeam shutters are stuck in lowbeam mode, again highly unlikely.
Electrical - something wrong with wiring or BCM.

One other possiblity is that you have HID and are not used to how the highbeam works. The light will not shift. The low beam light will stay on and the shutter inside the lamp will flip down allowing extra light above the cutoff creating the highbeam.

Could be a few things, good thing your taking to a dealer.
Let us know what they find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so took the acaida in the other day...turns out it was missing the headlight relay completely. So either someone at the plant decided to take and early lunch, or since it was a dealer trade, someone decided to use my car for parts. I can only hope that they didn't decide to use any essential parts to supplement their parts supply. Dealer ordered the relay for me, but still haven't heard back from them (four days now) so hopefully the part will be in soon...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my 08 Acadia last week and love it so far. However tonight I attempted to turn on my high beams and didn't seem to notice it get any brighter. The blue indicator light came up on the dash but nothing else. After getting home, sure enough, no high beams. If the fog lights are on, they shut off like they should, but no high beams. Before driving back to the dealer on Monday, anyone have any ideas on the cause??

Great Forum, I plan on using it regularly
Finally found someone else that has had this issue.
When I push lever lights flick up (on) and off fast. Blue indicator light shows they are on, but illumination is the same if not worse lol. 3 mechanics and no one can figure out. Was trying to avoid going back to dealer. Seems like it became an issue after a bulb was replaced. Suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
22,429 Posts
... 3 mechanics and no one can figure out. Was trying to avoid going back to dealer. Seems like it became an issue after a bulb was replaced. Suggestions?
Welcome to the forum.
Looks like time to visit the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts