GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find this posted anywhere - The 2009 book says SLT 2 comes standard with the convenience package which includes remote start and heated windshield washer fluid. Well my SLT 2 does have the remote start - but not the hwwf. What gives? Just wondering - not something I think I'd need in the south.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
GeoHawk said:
This was issued the week of 9/29/08 in GMs online order guide:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2009&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=2&vehicleID=6650&type=0#

Exterior section-(XA7) Windshield washer fluid system, heated, deleted entirely.

Apparently the supplier GM used for the heated washer fluid system went belly-up and GM had to cancel the feature.
So does that mean I won't be able to have it fixed if I have a heated washer issue; the recall has been done, I was just wondering about any other issues related to the system

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
jsimms said:
GeoHawk said:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2009&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=2&vehicleID=6650&type=0#

Exterior section-(XA7) Windshield washer fluid system, heated, deleted entirely.

Apparently the supplier GM used for the heated washer fluid system went belly-up and GM had to cancel the feature.
So does that mean I won't be able to have it fixed if I have a heated washer issue; the recall has been done, I was just wondering about any other issues related to the system
Dunno, but I would think that they whatever stock they had initially planned to install in new vehicles they are instead keeping back for potential repairs until they get a new supplier lined up. I would suppose there could be possible shortages of some components though.

·
Registered
540 Posts
GeoHawk said:
jsimms said:
GeoHawk said:

Dunno, but I would think that they whatever stock they had initially planned to install in new vehicles they are instead keeping back for potential repairs until they get a new supplier lined up. I would suppose there could be possible shortages of some components though.
Aftermarket maybe your only choice for the heated washer parts in the future. Did anyone try to see if a dealer could get the parts?

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I haven't checked on parts availability; the system has worked well

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I got one of the last stock heated washer systems :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
So you ordered it with your 09? Interesting

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jsimms said:
Copperhead13 said:
The option was still available for the early production 09's. Since production started July 21st 2008 if I remember correctly, and it was deleted until Sept 08 a select few were able to get it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where would I find the build date on my Acadia? I am just curious since I have an early '09 build (4500lb tow rating) but don't think I have the heated washer fluid. Where is the switch for that located? I kinda feel shafted a bit now knowing that some '09s actually did have the heated washer fluid but I missed out on both that AND the higher tow rating. :binky: I guess it is a good thing that the Acadia offers so much more than those things to love about it!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
bonk1313 said:
jsimms said:
Copperhead13 said:
The option was still available for the early production 09's. Since production started July 21st 2008 if I remember correctly, and it was deleted until Sept 08 a select few were able to get it.
My build date was 08-25-08

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jh46 said:
Where would I find the build date on my Acadia? I am just curious since I have an early '09 build (4500lb tow rating) but don't think I have the heated washer fluid. Where is the switch for that located? I kinda feel shafted a bit now knowing that some '09s actually did have the heated washer fluid but I missed out on both that AND the higher tow rating. :binky: I guess it is a good thing that the Acadia offers so much more than those things to love about it!!
PM GeoHawk and he can help with the build date; the switch for the heated washer fluid is the switch to the right of the headlights switch; it will be the bottom portion of a two position rocker switch

·
Registered
143 Posts
jsimms said:
GeoHawk said:

I went to the link above, is there a way I can see info for the 07 model?
Here you go: http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/brandsel.jsp?year=2007&regionID=1

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Thanks as I compared the RPO codes to my build sheet; I in fact do not have the sub woofer as previously thought; I just have the Bose system 10 speaker minus separate sub

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Does anyone know what the temp of the heated washer fluid is? Just for my own benefit

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jsimms said:
Does anyone know what the temp of the heated washer fluid is?  Just for my own benefit
For this information I will rely on a valuable and informative member of the group here...GEOHAWK. This quote is from this link.
GeoHawk said:
Here's a description of the Automatic Shutdown Protection for the heated washer fluild system (you may have a condition present that is causing it to shut down to protect itself).  If it is extremely cold outside, the second fault may be causing the system to shut down, but that really doesn't explain why it would shut down after 5-10 seconds.  Your dealer should check it out though as diagnosing something like this on the interweb leaves much to be desired.  ;D

Automatic Shutdown Protection Feature
Below are automatic shutdown modes built into the heated wash system. When any of these modes are activated, the heated assembly will shut down and request the IPC to transition the DIC to display the HEATED WASHER FLUID WASHER SYSTEM OFF message.

•  Under Voltage -- The system will shut down if battery voltage goes under 10 volts for 5 seconds.

•  Fail to Heat -- The system will shut down if the fluid does not heat by 5°C (41°F) within 28 seconds.

•  Fail to Cool -- The system will shut down if the fluid does not cool by 2°C (36°F) 4.75 seconds.

The following shutdown modes will require an ignition cycle to resume normal operation:

•  Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Temperature Over Threshold -- The system will shut down if the unit PCB is greater than 125°C (257°F) for more than 2 seconds.

•  Temperature Sensor Shorted High -- An internal heater assembly measurement. The system will shut down if an internal short is detected.

•  Automatic Over Temperature -- The system will shut down if fluid temperature exceeds 85°C (185°F) for 2 seconds. [/color]

•  Automatic Over Voltage -- The system will shut down if battery voltage exceeds 16.4 volts for 4 seconds.
So I am guessing somewhere below that, but not by much

1 - 20 of 21 Posts