GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello trying to figure out what to check next, My mother owns a 2008 Acadia Niether the front turn signal nor the Mirror signal on the right side (passenger) is working, checked bulb in the ront and changed it although it didn't appear bad before noticing the mirror was not working either, Have checked the fuse for the right side turn. not sure what to check for now?

·
Super Moderator
22,796 Posts
Does the rear signal work as it should? Any difference in flash frequency between right and left signals?

·
Super Moderator
22,796 Posts
Rear signal works fine, The Arrow on the Dash Blink Faster as if it was a bad bulb.
What happens when the 'hazard' lights are turned on? Is the RF turn signal lamp still inoperative?

·
Super Moderator
22,796 Posts
yes Still Nothing on the right side
Time to start tracing wires! Look for the link to download a 2010 service manual in the GMC Acadia discussions section. That document should have wiring diagrams in it (2008 and 2010 are quite similar). Hope you're handy with a VOM.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Any chance that the mirror light has been out for a long time, and you’ve only now noticed because the front lamp went out too?

In other words Id hate to see you tearing into wiring when it may be as simple as a bulb. I’d take the front right bulb out and test it somewhere, swap with left side bulb, or just buy a new one first.
I once chased a wiring problem similar to this on a different vehicle and swore it couldn’t be the bulb; in the end the base of the bulb had tarnished slightly and wasn’t making proper contact. Wasted a lot of time.

Reactions: John_K
1 - 7 of 7 Posts