GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was concerned that the Acadia would get the ancient disease, "Dragin a$$" when towing my Nova around. The empty trailer is tongue heavy to begin with, add the Nova to it and...

Well I'm happy to say it tows great, and better than the Rendezvous ever did. Not going to win any speed contests with the trailer on it (or without it for that matter!).

This whole setup weighs in at 4400 lbs so it is at capacity.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like it's squattin' just a tickle! Pretty impressive with a full car trailer! Gives me hope I'll one day be able to tow something (that is when I have a "something" to tow).

FYI, sweet looking Nova! Should've gotten the crimson/maroon Acadia to match ;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
two words --->> oww!!! sum!!!! ;D :thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That is one cool car!!.....and the Nova is pretty nice too. :angel:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is that 67 Nova a "pro street" set-up driver or a VERY nice show car? The QAcadia looks great too! :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
squattin' a little, but not as much as I guessed it would have.

'67 Nova, full tube chassis, show car that has turned a best of 9.82 @ 138 in street trim.

I think, although I never looked, that is was sittin' on the secondary overload springs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much does the trailer weigh, and what brand is it? I would like to be able to tow my Camaro back and forth to the track but haven't found a trailer lite enough to stay under the 4500lb tow rating. I do have a buddies 1 ton duramax to use, but it is a 40 mi drive just to pick up the truck (and I don't like borrowing expensive things).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car weighs just under 2900 and the trailer is about 1500. The trailer is a Sloan Kwik Load more commonly know as a roll back. http://www.kwikload.com/carhauler.htm By design it is tongue heavy. I also tow a Ski Nautique on a single axle and that tows like a dream.

PS - I don't like borrowing either, or loaning for that matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts