GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
It's already listed as the only engine available on dealerworld for the 2009 Traverse. The chevrolet.com website doesn't mention one way or the other, but it's been touted at every press event, in the press release and everywhere else. This is just poor wording on that site.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't know why they mention VVT since the DI obviously doesn't have VVT.

·
Registered
468 Posts
coloradoGM said:
Not being a wise-***, but why not? VVT is variable valve timing, is it not? Why couldn't DI have that?

·
Registered
284 Posts
zman said:
coloradoGM said:
Not being a wise-***, but why not? VVT is variable valve timing, is it not? Why couldn't DI have that?
Correct. The 3.6L in both regular and Direct Injection forms HAS VVT.

On this site, it just doesn't specifically spell out the Direct Injection...but it's there, no question. Actually, to even question it would be absurd since a big part of the Traverse announcement was the standard DI 3.6L and how that would spread to all the other Lambdas as well.

So...just don't over-read and double-think into something that is or isn't spelled out on a site ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
caddycruiser said:
zman said:
coloradoGM said:
Correct. The 3.6L in both regular and Direct Injection forms HAS VVT.

On this site, it just doesn't specifically spell out the Direct Injection...but it's there, no question. Actually, to even question it would be absurd since a big part of the Traverse announcement was the standard DI 3.6L and how that would spread to all the other Lambdas as well.

So...just don't over-read and double-think into something that is or isn't spelled out on a site ;)
Obviously I shouldn't try to think about technical details while I'm dealing with a 3.5 year old and a 2 month old. Somewhere in my brain I was thinking DI didn't have intake valves. So the air must just come in through, hell I don't know probably the intake valves. I imagine the VVT works no different on each engine, just different injector locations.

·
Registered
468 Posts
coloradoGM said:
Obviously I shouldn't try to think about technical details while I'm dealing with a 3.5 year old and a 2 month old.
Been there. Done that. I fully understand.

·
Registered
284 Posts
coloradoGM said:
Obviously I shouldn't try to think about technical details while I'm dealing with a 3.5 year old and a 2 month old. Somewhere in my brain I was thinking DI didn't have intake valves. So the air must just come in through, hell I don't know probably the intake valves. I imagine the VVT works no different on each engine, just different injector locations.
Hah, understandable ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just received my Motor Trend magazine yesterday and there was a article about the Chevy Traverse, they were quoting 25mpg for AWD with the DI engine (in a 5,000 lb vehicle)! Now that would be impressive to me.

My wife's little 2.4L I5 Volvo engine gets 25.5mpg in all around real world driving.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Just another note....While the Cadillac 3.6 DI engine has VVT, it loses the Variable (volume) Intake Manifold that is on the port injected 3.6. I would think the deletion would carry over to the Lambda motors as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Just another note....While the Cadillac 3.6 DI engine has VVT, it loses the Variable (length) Intake (runner) Manifold that is on the port injected 3.6. I would think the deletion would carry over to the Lambda motors as well.
Likely so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts