GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was travelling home and XM went out for several hours. Tried to tune in AM and FM stations but could only get 1 or 2 stations. Any ideas as to what would cause this? Is my radio shot? When the XM came back on, it played just fine but could still only get a couple of AM and FM stations.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Let us know if the problem persists. A one-time occurrence is hardly cause for concern.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Speleos said:
Let us know if the problem persists. A one-time occurrence is hardly cause for concern.
Tell that to my wife who caught me in bed with her little sister.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Nvr2loud said:
Tell that to my wife who caught me in bed with her little sister.
:yikes:

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked again today and the same problem exists.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Time to head for the radio shop! Could be any number of things: antenna/radio connection, radio itself, etc. Doubtful that the antenna has gone bad. It's still there, right?

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Antenna still there. Would XM work if antenna was broken? It has gone through the car wash a number of times. Also, is it a special antenna or is it one that could be bought at any auto parts store?

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
The antenna mast is fairly rugged. It can be flexed quite a bit without causing any damage - a car wash won't hurt it.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Nvr2loud said:
I was joking BTW.
Figured that. Got a big chuckle out of it! One of the funniest responses i read all day.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
TMMAR said:
... is it a special antenna or is it one that could be bought at any auto parts store?
I believe this is a GM-supplier part. I know some generic masts don't fit. For any part from the mast to the radio, also get it from a GM supplier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was travelling home and XM went out for several hours. Tried to tune in AM and FM stations but could only get 1 or 2 stations. Any ideas as to what would cause this? Is my radio shot? When the XM came back on, it played just fine but could still only get a couple of AM and FM stations.
I have a 2012 gmc Acadia sle the all the fm stations go out from 7 am to 12 every day for the past 2 weeks

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have a 2012 gmc Acadia sle the all the fm stations go out from 7 am to 12 every day for the past 2 weeks
Do other vehicles do the same? Almost seems like it must be outside the vehicle (towers, stations?) causing this... can't see how your Acadia could cause it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts