GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short - after having my car for a year and two months (bought 1/07) - my battery went belly up. Figured no big deal, its covered under warranty, I'll get a new one for free. Took it in, service rep said that it must have sat on a shelf too long some where and it sulfurized (or some word like that). thought that was a little weird cause I bought one of the first ones out, but whatever. Anyway, the dealer didn't have one in stock. Had to go to Cerritos to get one. so I had to wait much longer then I had expected (they did offer a free car, if I didn't want to wait). But the main thing was that they said that the stock battery must go in. An after market battery would not work. Is this true? Looking down the road a bit (I tend to keep my cars for a very long time), this is a little scary. On the other hand, they didn't even have many tire choices when the car first came out and now they do, so maybe its just a matter of time. But my question is, is the battery that different?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I did a search at Autozone, and they list a battery for the Acadia, but it says that it is not available at my store or a bunch of others that I looked at. http://www.autozone.com/N,14200175//shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm
So I don't get it, the battery type is known, but it is not available.
Why would they have A known part that is and would be needed but not have it available to purchase?
OH BUT WAIT GM IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THEIR OWN PARTS. DOAH :eek: :banghead:

·
Registered
428 Posts
The deal with the battery is that it has a special type of vent because it is located under the vehicle and cant vent off gases into the box. A lot of GM cars are going to this type of battery location so there will be batteries available in the aftermarket, now when is a whole other question.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AAAAAAh, that makes sense. Thank you :cheers:

·
Registered
812 Posts
thanks dfrank78!!! all is clear now..... its another wait and see situation again!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bonk1313 said:
I did a search at Autozone, and they list a battery for the Acadia, but it says that it is not available at my store or a bunch of others that I looked at. http://www.autozone.com/N,14200175//shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm
So I don't get it, the battery type is known, but it is not available.
Why would they have A known part that is and would be needed but not have it available to purchase?
OH BUT WAIT GM IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THEIR OWN PARTS. DOAH :eek: :banghead:
Autozone is showing a battery for my 07 at a price of $149.00 :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just replaced the battery in my 2004 Buick Lesabre last weekend. It is also inside under the rear seat and vents thru the floor. It also had a high price tag of $130.00. Oh well what are you to do.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
My '94 BMW wagon has the battery under the second row seat. I got a really expensive quote for an Interstate battery, but ended up getting an Optima for a few dollars more after some of the BMW crowd recommended it. I looked at their website tonight & saw they have no Lambda listings. I figure something they make would fit OK if you had the specs for the OEM battery handy.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
hopefully this is not a frequent concern as the batteries these days seem to last six or even seven years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts