These things are almost a custom fit.
You wouldn't know the difference.
Sorry about the bad quality pics.
Found these at Pep Boys.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you post again in 6 months and let us know if these mirrors still look good. I've tried the little round ones and the more expensive swivel ones and both developed discoloration spots after a few months to the point where you couldn't see out of them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had these on since September (over 4 months).
They still look great.

Most of these types of mirrors are plastic, if you wipe them with a paper towel or when dirty
and dry you will scratch them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here's a trick I learned to eliminate blind spots. WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WHILE DRIVING!! ;D

1. set your interior mirror as normal.

2. place your head against the drivers side window, adjust driver side mirror so that you see the side of your vehicle in the inner edge of mirror.

3. position your head(while attached) in the middle of the vehicle, adjust passenger side mirror so that you see the side of your vehicle in the inner edge of mirror.

You may need to make minor adjustments, but this will eliminate all of your blind spots. :cheers:

·
Registered
381 Posts
But it won't eliminate the BIG-A$$ blindspots caused by the car roof supports to the sides of the windshield!! Add a couple of wind/rain guards (like we did) and you TOO can experience a few near accidents as you approach intersections...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Anyone see if the Chevy Traverse mirror glass will work on the Acadia? The have spot mirror built in. The only problem would be the drivers side with the auto dim feature,big money for that one. The other are just heated. Just a thought.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
DeForger said:
Anyone see if the Chevy Traverse mirror glass will work on the Acadia? The have spot mirror built in. The only problem would be the drivers side with the auto dim feature,big money for that one. The other are just heated. Just a thought.

Bobby
That sounds like a lot of work; I'll just look over me shoulder ;D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jake_99 said:
But it won't eliminate the BIG-A$$ blindspots caused by the car roof supports to the sides of the windshield!! Add a couple of wind/rain guards (like we did) and you TOO can experience a few near accidents as you approach intersections...
OK, but I'm pretty sure the blind spot mirrors won't help either. Maybe you should mount the camera on the front or remove the guards. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Jake_99 said:
+1. The A-pillars on these things, and my Silverado to a lesser extent, can hide a whole vehicle coming from the left or right at an intersection. I've learned to double check my double checks. ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts