GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070301/NEWS03/70301002/1001/news

General Motors Corp. outdid its American rivals last month, boosting its U.S. sales while others fell.

The Detroit automaker said this afternoon sales rose 3.4 percent in February to 311,763 units from 301,545 vehicles one year earlier. It was the first monthly sales gain GM has seen since October 2006.

The gain came as Dearborn-based Ford Motor Co. reported U.S. auto sales fell 13.5 percent in February. Germany’s DaimlerChrysler AG, whose Chrysler Group is based in Auburn Hills, saw sales slide 7.7 percent.

But that wasn’t all. GM also outpaced Japanese rival Honda Motor Co. Ltd., which saw its U.S. sales climb 3.2 percent. Toyota Motor Corp., the Japanese carmaker trying to topple GM as the world’s biggest car company, is expected to report its monthly sales figures later today.

GM handed some of the credit for its improved sales to two Lansing-made models.

“The critically acclaimed new GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook (made at the Lansing Delta Township plant) drove a 97 percent retail increase in the mid-crossover segment,” the automaker said in a statement.

GM sold 4,283 Acadias and 1,900 Outlooks last month. The vehicles are too new to make year-over-year comparisons.

Among the more established Lansing-made models, only the Cadillac SRX crossover gained ground. Its sales climbed 16.8 percent to 1,878 units.

The other two vehicles made at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant didn’t fare as well.

The entry-level luxury sedan Cadillac CTS saw its sales drop 26 percent to 3,042 cars, while the Cadillac STS sedan reported a 15.4 percent drop to 1,472 cars.

The Associated Press contributed to this report. For more on this story, read Friday’s Lansing State Journal.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
admin said:
Source: http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070301/NEWS03/70301002/1001/news

“The critically acclaimed new GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook (made at the Lansing Delta Township plant) drove a 97 percent retail increase in the mid-crossover segment,” the automaker said in a statement.

GM sold 4,283 Acadias and 1,900 Outlooks last month. The vehicles are too new to make year-over-year comparisons.
I'm not surprised that the Acadia outsold the Outlook by so much for the following reasons:
1. The extra $500-$1000 bonus cash that was available on the Acadia but not on the Outlook.
2. Saturn's no haggle pricing - people are able to get better deals with GMC by haggling
3. Saturn being ineligible for using GM Card earnings

I have a hunch that we might be seeing increased Outlook incentives (and maybe decreased Acadia incentives) in the near future.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think the CTS sales dropped because of the new model coming out this summer. Has anyone read the article in MT. I wish I could afford both an Acadia and CTS, I think the new CTS has the capability to put a little hurt to BMW.

·
Registered
156 Posts
loach said:
I'm not surprised that the Acadia outsold the Outlook by so much for the following reasons:
1. The extra $500-$1000 bonus cash that was available on the Acadia but not on the Outlook.
2. Saturn's no haggle pricing - people are able to get better deals with GMC by haggling

I have a hunch that we might be seeing increased Outlook incentives (and maybe decreased Acadia incentives) in the near future.
Not to mention the fact that there are MANY more GMC dealers than there are Saturn Dealers.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
MrBiz said:
loach said:

Not to mention the fact that there are MANY more GMC dealers than there are Saturn Dealers.
I suppose that makes a difference in rural areas where Saturn dealers are lacking. In metro areas like mine I doubt it makes much difference. It certainly hasn't been on my radar as a reason to consider Acadia over Outlook.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are you sure you can't use GM Card earnings on Saturn in the US? Wow, we can even use them for Saabs up here (not that I ever would...)

Score 1 for Canada!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Gills said:
Are you sure you can't use GM Card earnings on Saturn in the US? Wow, we can even use them for Saabs up here (not that I ever would...)

Score 1 for Canada!
Yep, can't use them for Saturn or Saab in the U.S. I'm pretty sure Hummer used to be excluded too, but I just logged into my GM Card account and see that Hummer is eligible now.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Gills said:

Score 1 for Canada!
The great thing about scoring 1 for Canada, is after the Canadian to US conversion, it is only like scoring .6 here. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL!

·
Registered
73 Posts
You're behind the times, mitchl. The Canadian dollar is closer to 0.9 nowadays! 8) Yesterday's closing rate was C$1.17 to US$1.00

·
Registered
310 Posts
GaryB said:
You're behind the times, mitchl. The Canadian dollar is closer to 0.9 nowadays! 8) Yesterday's closing rate was C$1.17 to US$1.00
Ok, so 1 Canadian point is equilent of .85 American points.

And thank you for providing a message for me to reply to get my 100th message, so it might move my status up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts