1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just came back with a quote, please rate this deal. Central MA

'08 SLT-2 Pkg, red, Nav, DVD player, sunroof, 18" wheels. MSRP $44,345
$5k trade in on my old minivan, $500 GM Northeast region incentive, $1,000 GM Owner loyalty. Down to $37,800.
Looking to lease, as I think in 4 years everything will be hybrid.
Final numbers: 39 months, $1,700 down, plus 1st months payment plus security and $191 docs, $500 per month.

Great? Good? Average? Crappy? The $5k for my van was very good. ;D

2 other questions: 18" or 19" wheels? I read that the 19" wheels give a harsher ride. True or false? ???
Leaking sun roofs in '08? I raised this questions with them, they said they would guarantee that the drainage holes are clear before I get it. What else should they do?

Thanks very much. Need your input by Monday. :)

Bob

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I don't know about the lease deal as I have only purchased. The tire size. Unless you are in to the looks of the 19s, the 18s are much better. The 18" tires that come stock are near the best in there class and have fantastic snow and ice traction. The 19s that come stock are near the worst in their class and do very poorly in snow and ice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, a little more info...

Dealer cost for the vehicle is $42,498 per Edmunds, so they're making $1,850. I was only expecting $3-4k for the van trade-in, so we essentially wash.

Where I think I'm behind is the $1,700 buy-down. If I could cut that down I'd feel better. Any ideas?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Use a lease calculator, they are accurate, then it just depends on how MA does it sales tax.

I leased an 08, now going to be an 09 with these numbers and I think it is right on.

SLT2- Nav, rear DVD, HID, Sunroof and HUD
MSRP, 42,000 MSRP
Selling- 39,100 (this is right at invoice)
Rebates, at the time of pick up will lower

48 month lease with 15K miles
Due at signing- Security (595), first month and title and doc (250)
Monthly payment- 527 per month, if I went with taxes rolled in then it is 588 per month.

Your numbers might be right, but I would not put the 1700 down unless that covers your sales tax, otherwise it is never good to put money down on a lease.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The lease deal sounds okay for the sticker price. Sounds like a nice one.

I have the 19" wheels, think the ride is fine, and got through some big snow storms last winter very capably. Good luck, let us know what you get. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
382 Posts
The key 2008 issue is the camshaft problem, lots of replacement heads and engines reported on this site for this year, along with the leaks. :confused:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
jrc50 said:
The key 2008 issue is the camshaft problem, lots of replacement heads and engines reported on this site for this year, along with the leaks. :confused:
I don't think the camshaft problem is as big as this site makes it look. The water leaks with the sunroof may be an issue, but the camshaft seems under control. Especially since it is clear cut and very fixable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts