GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Glad I found this forum. This is my first post, so bear with me. I have owned my Acadia for less than 48 hours now. It's a white SLE-1. I have 3 small children (ages 2-7), so I went with the base model because I know they'll be a little tough on it. (meaning the upholstery, etc). I have found, however, that even the base model is quite well-equipped. It has everything I need for zipping around town. I bought it used (is a 2008) with 12K on it. Got it for 23K. Its in perfect condition as it was used for a courtesy vehicle at a limo service. I am turning 40 (ouch!) next week and did not want to be driving a minivan when I turned 40....no offense to anybody!! :). My DH knew this and surprised me with the Acadia. Good man! Anyway...I'm sure I'll have questions along the way, so I'm glad this forum is here.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Welcome to our corner of the web. I, too, found that the SLE is nicely equipped for a "base model" vehicle. It always surprises passengers when I tell them that. heh

Did you get the captain's chairs or 2nd row bench?

You ought to update your signature line with the details on your new Acadia. Directions for doing so (amongst many other things) can be found in Blues Clues

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the nice welcome! I have a bench as a second row seat. My 2004 Honda Odyssey(which I'm getting ready to sell) has the 2nd row captains chairs which are nice, but the center took quite a beating from the kids going back and forth thru there. I must admit, tho, that I was concerned about it being the bench, but so far, so good. My oldest (7) has no problem shifting that Smart Seat forward, and actually the kids like it way in the back! (that's OKAY with me! haha). My Dh and I sat in that 2nd row before we bought it and were impressed by the room. I'm also 5'10". One other thing...I really like the upholstery, it's actually quite attractive.
I will update my signature line, thanks for the link!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the forum KVB! My wife and I just had twin girls a few months ago, and just as yourself she didn't want to be driving a minivan! We shopped both Honda Pilot and Acadia. And the Winner IS.... 2009 SLT-1 Acadia.. :blob:

·
Registered
423 Posts
what is a dh? designated husband/hitter?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Our Queen always treats others like royalty.. yet another reason why this is such a great place!

Not a bad 40th present- I had to make do with an airplane ride & a 99K mile supercharged Bonneville.

DH?
Dear Husband?
Dedicated Hunter? (of Acadias ;))
Doctor Howser? or House?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha ha!! yes, DH = Dear Husband, but must admit I like the "Domestic Hunk" the best!! thanks for all of the warm welcomes!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
kvb said:
Ha ha!! yes, DH = Dear Husband, but must admit I like the "Domestic Hunk" the best!! thanks for all of the warm welcomes!
*woot* I was right! When I first read your post, I kind of did a "Huh?" at the DH, but I thought it must mean Dear Husband. I couldn't figure what else it could possibly mean. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Thinking makes it so.

OK, I'll byte... what's up with the leet post count your majesty?

EDIT
Nevermind:
Found this on another forum:
To get your forum status to become "leet" you will need exactly 1337 posts, no more no less. Once you have this exact number of posts you will have 5 stars and your member status will read "leet"

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Thinking makes it so.

OK, I'll byte... what's up with the leet post count your majesty?

EDIT
Nevermind:
Found this on another forum:
To get your forum status to become "leet" you will need exactly 1337 posts, no more no less. Once you have this exact number of posts you will have 5 stars and your member status will read "leet"
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It is a forum Easter Egg. I looked at your post count (actually I have bots tracking you and GAR :-X), and when you hit 1337, it came up as leet. I thought something had been hacked until I read about it on the other forum.

I'll be there in about 300 or so posts, I'm sure it will happen again.

Then again, it may have been the 'shrooms Mrs. Blue put in my burger tonight when I mentioned I wanted a larger turbo for the Daytona. :p :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also a newbie - picked up my 2009 Acadia last night! So far, I love it!!!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
wigin said:
I'm also a newbie - picked up my 2009 Acadia last night! So far, I love it!!!
Welcome! :welcome: Your Acadia happens to be one of my favorite Acadia colors. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts