GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, over the past few months I've been planning to replace my '05 Dakota Quad Cab with either an Envoy or Trailblazer. However today I saw an Acadia and it really appealed to me visually....much nicer, at least exterior appeal, than either Envoy or TB.

The replacement for the Dakota will be driven in town more than on the highway, but will need to be able to pull a boat that weighs about 2k lbs.

I've just spent a couple of hours searching and comparing and I much prefer the Acadia interior and exterior. Don't really care for the giant GMC logo in the grill, but might be able to remove it or get an aftermarket grill without it...otherwise I really like the styling and I've always been a fan of dual exhaust.

Budget will probably limit me to an '07 which I kind of hate to purchase because this is the first year....although the recalls etc on this forum seem to be reasonable....would appreciate any insight here. I think I'd like an SLT-1 with no sunroof, no captain's chairs, but would like the memory seats. Must have electric drivers seat and towing package. Is this a possibility or were options packaged like cable TV??

A comment of the forum and it's members...I found the complaint from Hater from Qatar...and his comments regarding his Acadia's problems and him going back to Japanese made cars. First I agree that a freon leak sure looks like his AC problem...probably coupled by a tech who keeps doing the same thing to fix it...which isn't working. But the more important comment is regarding the civility of the forum members. Not the wisest thing to come to a car forum and bash that car...I would have expected, lets say, a less civil response. Instead you guys handled the post, and subsequent posts, with class and may be well on the way to actually helping the guy resolve his problems. Pretty cool...says something for this forum's members.

I've done most of my research on the Envoy and am fairly well versed on it...if there are any previous owners of Envoys who now own Acadia's I'd sure appreciate your comparison.

Other cars currently owned:
'05 Corvette (wife's)
'87 Grand National (actually a Limited Regal with identical GN drivetrain...1 of 1035)
'05 Dakota (soon to be history)
'93 S10 (Extended cab of course with non-working AC...my baby :) )
'89 300Z turbo (1 of 210 made that year...wife's...nearly pristine and in storage)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
87LtdT said:
Hello guys, over the past few months I've been planning to replace my '05 Dakota Quad Cab with either an Envoy or Trailblazer. However today I saw an Acadia and it really appealed to me visually....much nicer, at least exterior appeal, than either Envoy or TB.

The replacement for the Dakota will be driven in town more than on the highway, but will need to be able to pull a boat that weighs about 2k lbs.

I've just spent a couple of hours searching and comparing and I much prefer the Acadia interior and exterior. Don't really care for the giant GMC logo in the grill, but might be able to remove it or get an aftermarket grill without it...otherwise I really like the styling and I've always been a fan of dual exhaust.

Budget will probably limit me to an '07 which I kind of hate to purchase because this is the first year....although the recalls etc on this forum seem to be reasonable....would appreciate any insight here. I think I'd like an SLT-1 with no sunroof, no captain's chairs, but would like the memory seats.[/color] Must have electric drivers seat and towing package.[/color] Is this a possibility or were options packaged like cable TV??

A comment of the forum and it's members...I found the complaint from Hater from Qatar...and his comments regarding his Acadia's problems and him going back to Japanese made cars. First I agree that a freon leak sure looks like his AC problem...probably coupled by a tech who keeps doing the same thing to fix it...which isn't working. But the more important comment is regarding the civility of the forum members. Not the wisest thing to come to a car forum and bash that car...I would have expected, lets say, a less civil response. Instead you guys handled the post, and subsequent posts, with class and may be well on the way to actually helping the guy resolve his problems. Pretty cool...says something for this forum's members.

I've done most of my research on the Envoy and am fairly well versed on it...if there are any previous owners of Envoys who now own Acadia's I'd sure appreciate your comparison.

'05 Corvette (wife's)
'87 Grand National (actually a Limited Regal with identical GN drivetrain...1 of 1035)
'89 300Z turbo (1 of 210 made that year...wife's...nearly pristine and in storage)
Memory seats only available on the SLT-2 model

If you want the 07; then not having the sunroof may be a wise option; and the towing package is a great idea even if you won't be towing.
I own an 07 that I bought used; it's a SLT-1; no leaks. Make sure you have the trans flashes done. Good luck trying to find an SLT-2 without roofs. I think you will like the Acadia although the MPG in town will probably be lower than you like.

I traded my 05 Envoy in for the Acadia; partly because of fuel level sensor issues. I really like the HUD option and the leather. I gave up some room behind the 3rd row seat because the Envoy was an XL model. I like the 6 speed in the Acadia; it really helps with fuel economy on the highway. Overall I am pleased with the Acadia

·
Registered
540 Posts
87LtdT said:

Budget will probably limit me to an '07 which I kind of hate to purchase because this is the first year....although the recalls etc on this forum seem to be reasonable....would appreciate any insight here. I think I'd like an SLT-1 with no sunroof, no captain's chairs, but would like the memory seats. Must have electric drivers seat and towing package. Is this a possibility or were options packaged like cable TV??

'05 Corvette (wife's)

First of all welcome to the group. Glad to have you on board. Jsimms answered the memory seat question. That is one of the reasons I purchased a SLT2 to get the memory seats. I also chose not to get the sunroofs. I eventually ordered mine. That combo is out there but rare. Also get one with the factory towing package installed. It comes with the heavy duty cooling system, tow/haul mode trans, and wiring in place. Happy hunting!

Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
87LtdT said:
...A comment of the forum and it's members...I found the complaint from Hater from Qatar...and his comments regarding his Acadia's problems and him going back to Japanese made cars. First I agree that a freon leak sure looks like his AC problem...probably coupled by a tech who keeps doing the same thing to fix it...which isn't working. But the more important comment is regarding the civility of the forum members. Not the wisest thing to come to a car forum and bash that car...I would have expected, lets say, a less civil response. Instead you guys handled the post, and subsequent posts, with class and may be well on the way to actually helping the guy resolve his problems. Pretty cool...says something for this forum's members.
Thanks! That means a lot coming from a new member. :thumb:

We try & stay cool for the AC problems. Heated seats are where we get into a heated discussion.
:lame:

'05 Corvette (wife's)<--- Does she have a sister? [/color]:p
You'll do well with most of us here... ;D

Welcome & glad to have you here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys...and yes wife has a sister....but lucky for me my wife got all the good looks in her family :) Her sister is uglier than a mud fence...but she does have a not so pleasant disposition!! Surprisingly she is not married and available :)

Hopefully not insulting but are there any differences between Acadia and Traverse that aren't described in the statistics?? Both made at same place??

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Sounds like you got the best deal possible- best looking girl w/ the best car LOL.

The Acadia-Enclave-Outlook are all built in Lansing, Michigan. The Traverse started out in Spring Hill, Tennessee but I have read it will be combined into the Lansing plant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...we've been married for 36+ years and I certainly got the better spouse out of our marriage :) But she don't let me drive her car much :) Thanks for info. Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts