GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the link http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/ on the Acadia forum. Fantastic information provided on top of the great website......with the wealth of information it is easy to get lost on what to purchase for getting the same results on the website. I have a black metallic 2008 Acadia. I bought it a month ago and have not washed it because of the swirl, scratch issue. I just need help on getting the right products for the waxing and polishing. I will use the techniques for washing but i get confused on what products to buy for wax/polishing. I know I have to get a porter with pads, but what pad #'s...I really like the Zaino products but once again the wealth of product choices leave me confused...please help me because I'm new to the game of car detailing and want to make sure i do not mess up.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This is my opinion.

If you wax it regularly, hand wash and dry, and stay away from auto washes, your finish will be much nicer than most. No mater what product you use.

I love Zaino AIO because it is so easy to use, the shine is great, and it lasts a long time, and it is a one step process. But there are many other products out there that do good.

Good luck deciding.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the same color as you and have been using my local car wash (Mike's Car Wash) for convenience. I haven't noticed any swirl or spidering in my finish, yet, except for the all black panes that are inbetween the front and rear windows. With that said, I used the Zaino AIO and found it to bring out a very nice shine. I then followed up with the CS and the finishing spray. End result - looks great. With all the elbow grease, though, I'm not so sure that saliva wouldn't have produced the same result, as much as I rubbed that truck with soft cotton towels. I did have a minor "spotting" issue after using the AIO, but that may have been to not using it when it was warm enough outside (or applying too much). It is easy to apply and a little goes a long, long way. You really don't need anything other than a cotton applicator pad, and a few clean cotton towels. Have fun.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i'm also a newbie and i would like to know if anybody here have tried the menzerna fmj product. 'they' said this is probably the one of best. comments?

·
Registered
48 Posts
preytor said:
i'm also a newbie and i would like to know if anybody here have tried the menzerna fmj product. 'they' said this is probably the one of best. comments?
FMJ has a great look for a sealant and i use it all the time. It's easy to apply and remove, but the durabilty is below average for a sealant. Normal sealant will last 2-4 months and with FMJ it averages about 2 months or less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts