Looking at 2009 SLT1 AWD
Silver / Ebony
Remote Start
Sunroof
19" Wheel
OH DVD
Trailer
Demo with 3400 miles
MSRP is stated at $42,505 (Edmunds comes out as $43,365).

Before I knew it was a demo, dealer accepted internet price of $36,000.

If the invoice price is somewhere around $39,400 and there is a $2250 current GM incentive, does $36K seem high for a "demo"?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Not really; can you get 0% or 1.9% financing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jsimms said:
Not really; can you get 0% or 1.9% financing?
Can get 0%/60 if I do not take the $2250. I am thinking of partial funding with home equity line which is 3.75% and can be paid off early.

Should I jump on the $36K?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Sounds like a decent price to me. Not accounting for the rebate, they are essentially selling it for roughly $1200 under invoice.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
For me it's about the percentage. I'm in there to finance something, so as far as the price goes I'm fairly flexible, but when it comes to the interest rate that's where I bargain. A 1 percentage point can make a huge difference when you are talking about financing something for 60 months or longer. I would actually pay more for something in trade for the lowest interest rate I could get; in the long run I still pay less than if I buy something for less money but the interest rate is high. That's just me :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
250 Posts
i'm with you jsimms. i will always go with a lower financing rate rather than having cash upfront. what i do is i try to haggle and bring down the cost as low as i can, then i go for the lowest possible rate. in my case, 4 years with 1.9%, the cost of my financing is less than $2,000 CAD, about $500 per year.

·
Registered
427 Posts
jsimms said:
For me it's about the percentage. I'm in there to finance something, so as far as the price goes I'm fairly flexible, but when it comes to the interest rate that's where I bargain. A 1 percentage point can make a huge difference when you are talking about financing something for 60 months or longer. I would actually pay more for something in trade for the lowest interest rate I could get; in the long run I still pay less than if I buy something for less money but the interest rate is high. That's just me :eek:fftopic:
This is one of those things where it definitely pays to do the math.

Sometimes, it's worth taking a rebate + a higher APR, rather than a low APR + no rebate.

Sometimes, the rebate isn't worth it. It all depends on lots of variables ......

On our last vehicle (prior to the Acadia), we could've gotten 2.9%, or 4.9% + $2000 in cash back. It was better to pay the two extra points of interest.

Here's the calculator - http://www.bankrate.com/brm/calc/rebatecalc.asp

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
When it's vehicle purchase time; I have a target percentage that I want to shoot for with some room for flexibility. I also look at the overall price with or without rebates etc and then go from there. I have been known to "pre shop" at vehicles and see what the prices are like and then go back after calculating what I want the percentage to be so I know where I am when they start throwing out numbers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with all comments, however partailly financing through an equity line is a little different. Any interest is tax deductible + can be paid off early with no penalty + no application fees for me. If I could get 0% AND rebates I would be very happy, but no dealers are doing this. Anyway, with financing out of the equation, do you guys thing $36K is a good price for a demo with 3K miles?

Note: the 36,000 is after ALL rebates. This would be the price before TTL.

Any rule-of-thumb for mileage like deduct $.xx per mile or deduct % invoice?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
swb001 said:
I agree with all comments, however partailly financing through an equity line is a little different. Any interest is tax deductible + can be paid off early with no penalty + no application fees for me. If I could get 0% AND rebates I would be very happy, but no dealers are doing this. Anyway, with financing out of the equation, do you guys thing $36K is a good price for a demo with 3K miles?

Note: the 36,000 is after ALL rebates. This would be the price before TTL.

Any rule-of-thumb for mileage like deduct $.xx per mile or deduct % invoice?
I don't think you'll get a deduction for the low mileage; you can always ask but I wouldn't count on it. I guess it all depends on how bad they want to move inventory. The 36,000 before TTL is a good deal to me; go for it, just make sure any and all recalls have been accomplished (if required) before you drive her home; at least if there is a recall for the vehicle have them order the parts prior to taking delivery

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm lookin at:

2009 7 Pass AWD SLE
Cloth, DVD Rear Entertainment
Convenience Pkg, Preferred Pkg, Visibility Pkg

$35,870 - 0%

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
chekrs13 said:
I'm lookin at:

2009 7 Pass AWD SLE
Cloth, DVD Rear Entertainment
Convenience Pkg, Preferred Pkg, Visibility Pkg

$35,870 - 0%

What do you think?
Don't see too many AWD SLE's; in fact this may be the first that I have seen here. 0% is definitely the way to go, the price could go a little lower but you may not get the 0%; try and bargain to see where they will go

·
Registered
23 Posts
Make sure the demo has never been titled. If it has ever had a title... you will not qualify for the new car tax rebate next year!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
big10purdue said:
Make sure the demo has never been titled. If it has ever had a title... you will not qualify for the new car tax rebate next year!!!!!
also you may not qualify for a possible 0% financing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts