GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, sorry for the title, but its exactly what i have gone thru tonight. A little back story. I lease a brand spanking new 2021 Acadia Denali. I have had the car since March, have put 7100 miles on it, Love it to death, and ironically it was scheduled to go into the dealership tommorow for service at 10:30am. (I had also leased a 2017 Acadia SLE for 3 years, 70K miles, Never an issue, why i went and upgraded for 2021).

Well, tonight we had pretty hard rain on Long Island. Nothing that i havent either driven in or seen before, were not talking Sandy here, but i was at work and couldn't see outside, but heard it was pretty hard.

I get in the car, and start my ride home.. No issues. Only thing i will say here is lately i notice (and i don't know if this is a feature or something), but when i get in, start the car, put it in drive or reverse, the Parking brake is on, which i didn't put it on. I always just think maybe the sensor sees im up against a wall or something in the vicinity so its warning me.. If so great, dont mind it at all. If not, precursor to tonight.

So i get all the way just about home, 18 miles. No issues. Lights on, Fogs on (always), wipers on intermittent, AC churning, and i have that **** Auto Turn off OFF, i hate that thing. I get to a red light 10 seconds from my destination (a diner) and all HELL breaks loose.

Every light in the car starts going nuts. The dash is going on and off, the proximity sensors are going nuts.. The car says im out of gas (all the instrumentation buries the needle off) I have 3/4 Full Tank of gas mind you.. The radio goes nuts says its -40 Outside.. I say oh man, something got wet in the computer or something, its losing its mind.

I proceed across the red light, and i go to turn in to the diner when lo and behold I LOST POWER STEERING. The only available spot to park (diner was crowded) is between a dance and dumpster, so i fget the car there.. AND IT WONT SHUT OFF!! The On/Off button is blinking between red and green like a train crossing light, the wipers are stuck in the middle of the window, Door locks wont operate.. The car was literally losing its Sh*t... I finally got it off, and got out, to which as im outside, the interior light is coming off and off, the radio wouldn't shut off and 1/2 the dash instrumentation was coming on and off.. Messages of no Key fob in the car etc.. Everything that can go wrong, is going wrong.

Long story short.. (too late).. the tow truck comes, and we cant get the **** thing in NEUTRAL! I said for a year thing push button electronic transmission would be an issue. We couldn't even push the car so he can get this truck in position to lift it! I called GMC, and Even THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW. Yes, the flap panel on the side of the drivers console.. Only problem,, the red handle thats suppose to be there.. ISNT THERE.. I MEAN.. WHAT IN THE HOLY )#$(&)#@(*$)@.. Who designed this thing?!? What Brainiac thought this was sweet..

I look in the manual for help, and NOTHING. Oh it can tell you about parking over things that are on FIRE, But it cant tell you how to get the **** thing in Neutral. Slap my forehead with a crowbar.

Well, somehow, by the grace of God, the driver of the tow service GOT it started (Still dunno how, he was texting someone as we were there for an hour, and miraculously it started).. We got it on the truck as fast as we could, and as he drove away the thing was having a poltergeist moment, flashing lights and all on the truck.. Did they remove the Headstones?!?!?

So im venting.. I love that car, loved my old one too. $60K Truck, and tommorow morning im going to the dealership to raise hell. Its not their fault, but someone has to calm me down cause im about to toss this thing and go get a dsmn BMW. I know im my old acadia when it would rain i would come in the car and notice wetness on the passengers side floor, but nothing bad ever came from it (another leased new car), but this is Unacceptable. I want to know what got wet, how, and why this was what it was. What if this happened when i was driving 70mph on i95 with my kids when we went to my father in laws 500 mikes away..

I will update tommorow, thanks for listening, sorry for the schlegel, but i figured this was the right place.

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
We'll be waiting with bated breath for the follow-up story. Hope the service center gets you back on the road and you can tone down the language.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do apologize for the language, but this is how we speak here in NY, Its part of the lingo, more so when you are completely and utterly dismayed at what transpired tonight.. I think it got the point across exactly as needed. Thanks :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have also been told (just a late addition) of some TSB's pertaining to the HVAC leaking into the BCM, which would make sense if thats the case cause it was Humid as heck today and the ac was cranking.. Not saying it was the definitive cause, but it makes sense. (Friend is a GM Tech).

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
Please provide a reference number for any TSB they use to repair the vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you wanna chuckle, my GMC app is working again and everything it showing Green and OK. (Before it wouldn't connect).. So the car is at the dealership and its acting normally again.. Was told this could be a lose battery cable on the block or also a battery cable with high resistance issue. Nutty.

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
If you wanna chuckle, my GMC app is working again and everything it showing Green and OK. ...
Be sure to check the Infotainment sytem for ransomware messages. LOL

Reactions: subdivisions

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Be sure to check the Infotainment sytem for ransomware messages. LOL
The funny thing, on the way home i got called from a scammer asking for my CC info from lord knows where India.. So i played with him, and when he asked me for the card number, i screamed something i wont say here (lol) and hung up..

He got last laugh, apparently hacked me from around the globe. #Karma.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Jus a small update, car didnt arrive at the dealership til late this morning, no where to put it so the tow company held it over night. The dealership initially denied me getting a loaner becasue its end of year or something and they all were allotted, but after listening to the circumstances they did me right and gave me a brand new acadia to loan while they work on the car today and find out whats going on... Also was told the parking brake issue was not normal so they are looking into that as well. I'll keep everyuone posted with what happens during the repair. Thanks.

Edit - Sorry realized i didn't mention the parking break issue.. At least 50% of the time i get in the car after i start it and it autoengaged the partking brake (its on flat ground, no incline).. I thought the proximity sensors were warning that i was parked against a wall or what not and automatically kicking it in. They said that shouldnt happen. So add that to the list.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Edit - Sorry realized i didn't mention the parking break issue.. At least 50% of the time i get in the car after i start it and it autoengaged the partking brake (its on flat ground, no incline).. I thought the proximity sensors were warning that i was parked against a wall or what not and automatically kicking it in. They said that shouldnt happen. So add that to the list.
They may not realize it, but that is pretty normal. Its supposed to turn on if the vehicle is not on flat ground, but I find mine is on randomly whenever it feels like it. There was a thread here last week about it and it seems that pretty common with the 20-21. It also turns itself on if you didn't press park. You can just pull up and hit the power button and it will put itself and park and engage the parking brake.

Reactions: Turbo6.0L

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE - Just got off with Rockville Centre GMC.. They had to order a new BCM. The original one shorted out, and they are looking for "water intrustion". Yup. New one suppose to come tommorow, no ETA on when ill get the car back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
UPDATE - Just got off with Rockville Centre GMC.. They had to order a new BCM. The original one shorted out, and they are looking for "water intrustion". Yup. New one suppose to come tommorow, no ETA on when ill get the car back.
Nothing personal, but I would give up the lease. Keep @#$%^ because you will get the attention that you so deserve. Best of Luck to All.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do not know if they ever changed the design but I had an 07 that whenever it rained water would get on either the passenger floorboard and or the drivers floorboard. After a few times of this I was finally able to isolate the issue. The sunroof has two small drain pipes, one in the front left of the sunroof tray and one on the passenger side. Pouring a little water in the tray showed that they were blocked. There is a plastic pipe connected to each drain pipe and they run down the A pillar and through the firewall into a grommet that has some tiny fingers that act as a one way valve to prevent anything coming in from the outside. (Not sure what they thought was going to come in). I blew air through these holes and that cured the problem for a short while.

Later, after several rounds of this, I removed the A pillar covers, popped up the left and right dash trim pieces, reached in and pulled the grommet out and cut those little fingers out on each side and put everything back, never had another issue, still have the vehicle. Also be aware that my year as many other years has a AC drain line that goes from the passenger side, to the console and runs toward the rear of the console, about half way or so. It also has those blanky D blank fingers in the grommet that goes through the floor plan. cut them out your good forever.

Be aware that if to much AC Drain water backs up before you do this modification, it fills up the plastic shroud where the blower motor is and will fry it. You'll know when you make a sharp turn and you here water slosh out onto the passenger floorboard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, sorry for the title, but its exactly what i have gone thru tonight. A little back story. I lease a brand spanking new 2021 Acadia Denali. I have had the car since March, have put 7100 miles on it, Love it to death, and ironically it was scheduled to go into the dealership tommorow for service at 10:30am. (I had also leased a 2017 Acadia SLE for 3 years, 70K miles, Never an issue, why i went and upgraded for 2021).

Well, tonight we had pretty hard rain on Long Island. Nothing that i havent either driven in or seen before, were not talking Sandy here, but i was at work and couldn't see outside, but heard it was pretty hard.

I get in the car, and start my ride home.. No issues. Only thing i will say here is lately i notice (and i don't know if this is a feature or something), but when i get in, start the car, put it in drive or reverse, the Parking brake is on, which i didn't put it on. I always just think maybe the sensor sees im up against a wall or something in the vicinity so its warning me.. If so great, dont mind it at all. If not, precursor to tonight.

So i get all the way just about home, 18 miles. No issues. Lights on, Fogs on (always), wipers on intermittent, AC churning, and i have that **** Auto Turn off OFF, i hate that thing. I get to a red light 10 seconds from my destination (a diner) and all HELL breaks loose.

Every light in the car starts going nuts. The dash is going on and off, the proximity sensors are going nuts.. The car says im out of gas (all the instrumentation buries the needle off) I have 3/4 Full Tank of gas mind you.. The radio goes nuts says its -40 Outside.. I say oh man, something got wet in the computer or something, its losing its mind.

I proceed across the red light, and i go to turn in to the diner when lo and behold I LOST POWER STEERING. The only available spot to park (diner was crowded) is between a dance and dumpster, so i fget the car there.. AND IT WONT SHUT OFF!! The On/Off button is blinking between red and green like a train crossing light, the wipers are stuck in the middle of the window, Door locks wont operate.. The car was literally losing its Sh*t... I finally got it off, and got out, to which as im outside, the interior light is coming off and off, the radio wouldn't shut off and 1/2 the dash instrumentation was coming on and off.. Messages of no Key fob in the car etc.. Everything that can go wrong, is going wrong.

Long story short.. (too late).. the tow truck comes, and we cant get the **** thing in NEUTRAL! I said for a year thing push button electronic transmission would be an issue. We couldn't even push the car so he can get this truck in position to lift it! I called GMC, and Even THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW. Yes, the flap panel on the side of the drivers console.. Only problem,, the red handle thats suppose to be there.. ISNT THERE.. I MEAN.. WHAT IN THE HOLY )#$(&)#@(*$)@.. Who designed this thing?!? What Brainiac thought this was sweet..

I look in the manual for help, and NOTHING. Oh it can tell you about parking over things that are on FIRE, But it cant tell you how to get the **** thing in Neutral. Slap my forehead with a crowbar.

Well, somehow, by the grace of God, the driver of the tow service GOT it started (Still dunno how, he was texting someone as we were there for an hour, and miraculously it started).. We got it on the truck as fast as we could, and as he drove away the thing was having a poltergeist moment, flashing lights and all on the truck.. Did they remove the Headstones?!?!?

So im venting.. I love that car, loved my old one too. $60K Truck, and tommorow morning im going to the dealership to raise hell. Its not their fault, but someone has to calm me down cause im about to toss this thing and go get a dsmn BMW. I know im my old acadia when it would rain i would come in the car and notice wetness on the passengers side floor, but nothing bad ever came from it (another leased new car), but this is Unacceptable. I want to know what got wet, how, and why this was what it was. What if this happened when i was driving 70mph on i95 with my kids when we went to my father in laws 500 mikes away..

I will update tommorow, thanks for listening, sorry for the schlegel, but i figured this was the right place.
That was so funny. You are a very good writer. So what was ever wrong with it?

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
That was so funny. You are a very good writer. So what was ever wrong with it?
Explantion already given.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Crazy story - yeah my 2021 AT4 does that with the parking brake as well - my driveway is on a slight incline so I figured that was it but its happened on flattish ground as well. Seems very sensitive to any grade changes.

·
Registered
2021 Acadia SLT Elevation
4 Posts
My ‘21 does this parking brake thing a lot. It’s on almost every time I back out of the garage. Definitely sensitive.

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
My ‘21 does this parking brake thing a lot. It’s on almost every time I back out of the garage. Definitely sensitive.
Are you sure that it's the parking brake? The vehicle has hill start assist (HSA) which automatically applies the brakes to keep the vehicle from rolling on a grade before the gas pedal is depressed. It works in both forward and reverse. HSA uses the ABS pump to apply brakes on all 4 wheels. EPB activates only the rear brakes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts