Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your Acadia.

·
Registered
2018 SLT-2
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
ok the Acadia fits just right in our garage. 1 ft in front ,4inches behind , just enough room in front to get to the other car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It appears that the Acadia would fit with room to spare in that garage.
There was just another choice made for use of the space against the wall of the garage for some storage or tool cabinets.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
This is true. "Rearranging furniture" just to accommodate a new vehicle wouldn't have been a heckuva lot of fun, though. The garage in my new home is amazing. It's 28' long, 22' wide, and 15' high inside. I could stack 2 more vehicles above the ones I already have if the right kind of lift was added. That's not going to happen - either the lift, or the additional vehicles. LOL

Reactions: Gmcde3

·
Registered
2018 SLT-2
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah could have moved the sink if needed cause i put it there but luckily didn't need to. worked out well....Would have gained 2 ft.if needed.. really happy with the Acadia so far.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
yeah could have moved the sink if needed cause i put it there but luckily didn't need to. worked out well....Would have gained 2 ft.if needed.. really happy with the Acadia so far.
Agree . . I have a similar situation. On one side of our 3 car garage I have a small work bench and the Acadia fit in there with about 18" in the front and 6" in the rear at the garage door. I thought about moving the work bench, but it works fine.
But normally we park the Acadia in one of the other two garage stalls that have much more space both front and rear. Living in the snow belt also requires some seasonal adjustments to where things are as well to accommodate the snow blower, shovels, etc.
No matter how much garage space I've had it does seem to always get utilized.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
... really happy with the Acadia so far.
Your Acadia looks happy in its space, too. Now, it's time for a good road trip! Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Living in a warm state helps keep that garage free of a lot of seasonal power and other outdoor equipment. Nice to have that kind of space.

·
Registered
2018 SLT-2
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pics of the garage full .
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Window
why i need room to pass in front of the Acadia
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
I'd bet there aren't many forum members who know the history of Rat Fink. LOL

Reactions: jrbart

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Nice. My last car was an '04 Z06.
You would have drooled then if you saw the nice blue C8 I walked around in the parking lot of the restaurant my wife and I went to this afternoon. What a car.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
We went classy for lunch with the kids; the mall. Haha
I do like the C8 plenty, super nice car.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
I tried a C8 Stingray on for size while my vehicle was in for its first service. It was nice. The rear view camera mirror would be a definite must for that car - lots of blind spots to the rear with just the regular rear view mirror. The cockpit seemed more like 'wearing' the car rather than sitting in it. Exiting was quite a chore, especially for someone with a 'bum' hip and arthritis (I asked the salesperson if they had a skyhook to help me get out - LOL). If I had been twenty years younger, I probably would have bought one of them instead of the Caddy.

·
Registered
2018 SLT-2
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep C8 is nice , i have a hard time getting in and out of the C5 lol!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
yep C8 is nice , i have a hard time getting in and out of the C5 lol!
I have had a C3 and now have a C4. They are all a pain to get in and out of. Was talking with a C8 owner the other day. He also has a C7. He said the C8 was a bit easier to get out of.

My C4 is a coupe but I long for a convertible. Almost have the wife convinced we need to also have a C5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts