GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to give '2 cents'. 2012 Denali bought new, has 36k mileage. Hockey trips planned and rental vehicles 5-6x's higher at least, decided just drive our own. They checked tread and asked why need, plenty safe tread left. Explained that these are OEM and 10 years old. I think those were Bridgestone Duehler's. Went to Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires after researching all for months. Limited time on, so can't give full review after thousands of miles. Know they are #1 for snow traction as All Season tire. Not as high mileage warranty (60k) as others, but older they get they keep good traction. Of course with 255/55R20 size, knew when bought not cheap to replace.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Wanted to give '2 cents'. 2012 Denali bought new, has 36k mileage. Hockey trips planned and rental vehicles 5-6x's higher at least, decided just drive our own. They checked tread and asked why need, plenty safe tread left. Explained that these are OEM and 10 years old. I think those were Bridgestone Duehler's. Went to Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires after researching all for months. Limited time on, so can't give full review after thousands of miles. Know they are #1 for snow traction as All Season tire. Not as high mileage warranty (60k) as others, but older they get they keep good traction. Of course with 255/55R20 size, knew when bought not cheap to replace.
Good to know. I also have the Weather-Ready tires on our short list for replacement tires. would be good to know how quiet they are, any drop in MPG, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good to know. I also have the Weather-Ready tires on our short list for replacement tires. would be good to know how quiet they are, any drop in MPG, etc.
Have a shorter trip next week, will let you know if see change in mpg as trip is every 3 months. Night/day difference though just local between freeway & local streets after replaced. Tire shop said I bought 1 of the top tires, bought online & appt set up online, so no commish with his comment.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Have a shorter trip next week, will let you know if see change in mpg as trip is every 3 months. Night/day difference though just local between freeway & local streets after replaced. Tire shop said I bought 1 of the top tires, bought online & appt set up online, so no commish with his comment.
Thanks! Yes, it'll be good to hear how the tires do on a regular trip like that over a period of time as far as noise, wear, and MPG are concerned. (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Yes, it'll be good to hear how the tires do on a regular trip like that over a period of time as far as noise, wear, and MPG are concerned. (y)
1st leg of trip of course had headwind 25-30 mph. Return saw about 3-4 mpg gained. Previous 3 trips was winter with heat on, this was with A/C on, so may have noticed little more gained. Noise was very low. So far, very happy with them!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
1st leg of trip of course had headwind 25-30 mph. Return saw about 3-4 mpg gained. Previous 3 trips was winter with heat on, this was with A/C on, so may have noticed little more gained. Noise was very low. So far, very happy with them!
Good to hear! Especially interested in if they remain low in noise as they wear. I would expect some increase as most tires do. But hoping it will be minimal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts