GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll use this thread to announce new features added to acadiaforum.net.

02-12-2007 - Added the "go up" and "go down" buttons to the thread pages for easy movement to the top and bottom of the page. Also added a "recent posts" section to the main page for easier access to the most recent thread posts. (Hint - click the blue "new" icon to go to the first unread reply.)
02-15-2007 - We had a successful and uneventful upgrade to a newer version of the forum software. Please let us know if you notice any odd behavior or anything broken on the site.

Thanks,
admin

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
NIce. You got it to work. VERY CLEAN LOOKING>

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
03-22-2007 - I've tweaked the search page and indexes to hopefully give quicker and more accurate results. I was seeing results that didn't seem to match my search terms. Hopefully the new changes will eliminate those (or at least make them less relevant). I also change the Main page to show a random poll on each load instead of a static one that had to be manually adjusted. Finally, the main logo rotation has started, with more being added over time.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
3-23-07  - added Post count, Location information, Join date under screen name.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice changes!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Nice changes!
We forgot your new change!!!

Getting much sleep??

·
Registered
360 Posts
NY_Joe said:
We forgot your new change!!!

Getting much sleep??
I am sleeping awesome, now my wife on the other hand...

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
LOL!!!

Same here.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
04-06-2007: Added "Show All Unread Posts" to the main index, in addition to the "Show unread since last visit" link.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
08-24-2007: Added "Topic Preview". When you hover over a subject in either the Message Index or the the Recent Posts section of the homepage, a preview of the message will display in a tooltip.

One comment on this - this mod uses the title attribute, which Firefox cuts off after 80 characters (this is a bug that is scheduled to be fixed in Version 3), but displays the full 300 in IE. If you are using Firefox and want to see the full preview, you can install the following Add-On, which fixes the bug in current versions:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/16759/long_titles-1.3-fx.xpi

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
09-07-2007: Added a "Sponsor Section" to the main page. Each acadiaforum.net sponsor will get their own dedicated board in this section where they can post their products, announcements, sales, etc. You can also use this area to ask them specific questions about their products. If you have a need for the products or services these sponsors sell, please support them! They help keep forums like this up, running and free for everyone!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
12-17-2007: Added a "Home" button next to the "Go Up" button on the bottom of the message display pages. This way, once you've finished reading a topic, you can quickly return to the homepage (Board Index) without having to first scroll back to the top of the page.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
01-11-2008: Added a new Medium Brown header logo to the rotation. I picked gyr8ion's great image and beautiful Acadia for the honors.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
February 13, 2008: Added "Board Viewers" mod. This shows the number of users viewing each board on the main page. In addition, you can click on it and a popup shows which members are viewing that board.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
June 4, 2008: I've created regional boards so that you can meet other local acadia owners, arrange get-togethers, or simply have more localized discussions than the main board (comparing local dealerships for your area, for example). On the main page, there's now a "Regional Boards" container that has subboards for each region - for example: Northeast, Midwest, South, etc.

You can find out which region your state belongs to by going to the main Regional Board, which has the descriptions of each region - http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?board=32.0

I'll repeat them here, though, to save you a step:

Northeast - Serving CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT

MidAtlantic - Serving DC, DE, MD, NC, PA, VA, WV

South - Serving AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, SC, TN

Midwest - Serving IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, MN, ND, NE, OH, SD, WI, WY

Southwest - Serving AR, CO, KS, NM, OK, TX

Northwest - Serving AK, ID, MT, OR, WA

West - Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT

Canada East - Serving Ontario & east

Canada West - Serving Manitoba & west

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oct 24, 2008: added two new header logos to the rotation. GerryL's Gold Mist and Blue-Gold from Thunnus

·
Registered
217 Posts
Love the two new pics. Just wanted you to know some of us do look at those, and do really (still) dig them.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
April 09, 2009: Added a "Recent Topics" button to the Recent Topics section of the homepage that shows all recent posts, regardless of thread, on one page. Click on to view

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
admin said:
April 09, 2009: Added a "Recent Topics" button to the Recent Topics section of the homepage that shows all recent posts, regardless of thread, on one page. Click on to view
OH I like that feature!

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Makes replying a little easier; fewer steps in the process

1 - 20 of 82 Posts